I am getting a new member of the family

heidiiiii

This pic is of three of the four available. This is from Freecycle. The mother is a tiger and father is a Ocicat. There is only one female left (the small one on the right) and the rest are males. The female MAY be spoken for but the girl is not sure yet. But she is letting me have one!

Edit: Oops..She said that the mother and the father are both Ocicats.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:flowers: They are gooooorgeous and I wouldn't mind one myself but with our work schedule of latley is killing that idea.... Oh well, I can live through you all with your pets, right?!?

Hugs and keeping figners and toes (sort of atleast) crossed for you, when do you think you will know?

She emailed me this morning when I was out and about. She lives close and she is not ready to pass them off real quick..not like COME GET THEM TODAY, kind of thing.

So I will see what she says. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.

I found this:

Ocicats are a very outgoing breed. They are often considered to have the spirit of a dog-in a cat's body. Most can easily be trained to fetch, walk on a leash and harness, come when called, speak, sit, lie down on command and a large array of other dog-related tricks.[1] Most are especially good at feline agility because they are very toy-driven. Some even take readily to the water. Ocicats are also very friendly. They will typically march straight up to strangers and announce that they'd like to be petted. This makes them great family pets, and most can also get along well with animals of other species, although they are likely to assert their dominance over all involved. Ocicats make excellent pets for people who want to spend a lot of time with their cat, but they do require more attention than cats who aren't so people-oriented. Given the chance, an Ocicat will climb onto your neck and shoulders, and be transported around your home and garden. They have very powerful claws, so beware of delicate fabrics.

What great news Heidi - I know that you won't tease us and will put up photos real quick.

I have two girls cats, but actually prefer male cats. I'd get another male in a heartbeat, but Trinity is just too jealous to allow me to take on another cat.

-Susanne

Wow! Freecycle? Good for you! I can't wait to see pics!!!Our big Mammy is an Oci-cat! She gets along with everyone, has a very short, sleek, spotted coat, and follows me from room to room like a dog. I haven't thrown her into the lake, but a friend has a son and daughter of her's and the son does swim. The original breed was Siamese crossed with Abyssinian and are known for their distinctive spots and 'bracelets' (around legs and neck). They are very affectionate!

Heidi, do have the kitten/s checked with the vet. Some genetic problems exist (as with many breeds). Our Altoid had a defective heart and died at age two. Her sister 'Lady' has a milder form of this, but has now developed breast cancer. Mammy was found to have a uterine problem after giving birth, and had to have an emergency spay. An infection cost her all but 4 teeth. My brother and sister in law have a very healthy Oci, and NO problems.

I would have a herd of them, if possible! Mammy was given to us by friends. I hate to play favorites, but she is my love-cat. I miss sweet Altoid very much!

awwwwwwwwww they are so cute :flowers:

i'd love another cat but i'm afraid Miss Sophie who is 14 or 15 would not allow it :banana:

are you back yet? where are her first poses? :yes:

Okay, I have pics..in the camera.

But I can tell you that I got the boy that is not laying on the sweater. (two cats on the clothes, one cat not..he is mine). I fell in love with him and that was that. We collectively decided on a name even though I had veto power.

His name is Oliver (Twist).

My friend took the other boy that is on the clothes.

He is not shy at all. He did not even go hide under the couch or anything. He ate food out of the bowls and I have shown him numerous times where the litter pan is.

MonsterFace is not impressed but that will change over time. He and Baby are not being abusive, just showing the little guy who is boss. Perla follows him around the house. We are giving Perl lots of love so she does not feel like she has been pushed out of her spot as new kid on the block.

On Tuesday I am going to call to get the spay/neuter certificate for the mobile clinic that comes around.

I am tired so I will post more about it all tomorrow. He is such a sweety. And his parents were gorgeous!

I will post pics in the morning after sleep and coffee.

:groucho: on your new baby boy furbaby!

Now, I was reading all these names. How many pets do you have now? And are they dogs? Cats? Some of both? I think I am a bit confused, but know that the girls are Nat and Chelsea! :D

Here he is. He is a sweety. He came right out this morning when I poured the cat food. Pushed his way to the front.

Today I am going to go to the store and buy him some kitten food.

The cats are Baby/ boy/10 yrs; MonsterFace/ boy/2 yrs; Oliver/boy/2 months

And Perla our Chi is a 3 yr old girl.

All the pics are blurry because he is very busy. I will wait till he starts to calm down for a nap.

Awwww, he is adorable and I am so looking forward to seeing more of him as he gets into hmm, shall we say growing pains... :) :groucho: :p:D

post-90-1243164192.jpg

Hugs

Right now he is sleeping. Between my back(side) and the computer chair. Like a fuzzy heating pad. He has done this twice already but I had to get up.

Deana, you were right. He is following me around the house like a dog. He has his own mind to do other stuff but he also wants to see where I am going at all times.

I will make sure to get him all checked out at the vet. Do not worry about that.

I cannot take a pic now because well he is wedged between me and the chair..and I want another cup of coffee!