Update on Garfield

JaimieMarvon

I worked on my Garfield a bit over the weekend. It rained both days and was not fun to be running out and about. I finished staining all my windows & doors on Thursday so they were all dried and ready to be installed. I only spot glued them in, a spot in each corner. Just in case I need to remove them they are still easily accessable. I also glued on my fancy doorknob for the front door. I love it !

As I played with teh house a bit last night I decided to check out if my lighting was still working. I did have to fix a few gromet connections and am still without light to one section on the third floor. I have to really get in there to find the problem, but as a short person I would have had to pull out the step stool and it was already almost 11pm. I did, however, install my front porch lights and am quite excited about that. See how cool they look???

post-592-1145996507_thumb.jpg post-592-1145996518_thumb.jpg

I tried taking a few pics showing the lights in teh house as well but I couldn't get it to work my flash kept killing the view and if I take the flash off the pics are blurry. There are a bunch of settings I just have to find the right one.

I also think I'm going to move where the stairs are. I'm already changing the stairs that come with the house. at least the first floor ones. I'll just remodel the second floor stairs. I'm thinking that by putting hte stairs where I have them leaning (against a ruler) in the picture and making a small platform as a bottom step the whole room opens up and I can make it an open living room kitchen combo. Then I can use the rooom in back that was supposed to be the kitchen for some other wonderful space!

post-592-1145997306_thumb.jpg new stair position

post-592-1145997323_thumb.jpg view up the stairs

post-592-1145997334_thumb.jpg view from second floor

As you can see in the first pic, I already have the slots opened for the original stairs. This is easily fixed as the flooring is shelf paper from the dollar store! :) I might also have to add some floor section to teh second floor where the original stairs used to be. Not sure If I want to leave it open or not...