Remember to think of Wolfie

Margaret

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending good healing thoughts your way Wolfie, hoping the pain eases and you get the tumour out quickly. (And yes, go get your own prescription!! ;) )

Visited your site earlier today..loved it by the way..but I forgot to wish you well and hope that you're feeling better. ;) White light and prayers to you!!

Gina,

I'm so pleased that lump is benign and that it can be removed, but also so sorry that you are in pain. Please don't push yourself too hard, dolls can wait until you feel fit enough.

Hugs

Jo

x

Well people, still no word from the doctor, though today is a holiday after all. I have my kiln full of unfired greenware, all nicely cleaned while standing up for hours! But the results will be worth it. Then comes the china painting, then the dressing.

I must say waiting for the doctor to call is getting old fast. Some days with the pain are better than others. I'm learning to live with it, and only tried Doug's meds once, and decided I didn't like them, so have been taking nothing. I'll be glad when this is over and I can get back to normal! Thanks for all your good thoughts!

Oh, I'm so sorry my Wolfie that you are in pain still! :(

I hope that you can get a CAT scan done there a lot faster than here, where the wait time can be months unless it is very urgent. I want my Wolfie to be all better real soon! :rofl:

:) just for you

Gina,

If you can tolerate it stomach wise, buy some Motrin (i think it is 200mg each) and take 4. Make sure you eat awhile before hand. This is just like getting the 800mg from the Dr. It is not something to do on a regular basis cause you should not over do Motrin but in the short term, until he prescribes you something, it will help. If you are not sure about your stomach, take two and see how it goes. * call the office and ask if they think this is okay. Maybe while you are on the phone, they can call you in a prescription*

I get them only when the pain is so bad I cannot stand it anymore...I do not like taking stuff like Percosets cause they make me ill.

I know it is not muscle, but have you tried a heating pad on the area?

Viggo helps a lot! Today he held my hand for over an hour! LOL

Heidi, I have a bad tummy. GERD is another problem I have which is controlled with a tablet in the mornings. So this is another reason I don't like to take pills. Sometimes they cancel my heartburn medication and then I really suffer. So I am toughing it out. But I wish the phone would ring and the doctor would say "come on in!" I could be there within the hour!

This morning is not too bad painwise, but then I've only been up less than an hour. But it's 6:04 and so far just a little twinge!

When it gets to bad, I do a lot of walking on the treadmill. Lying down seems to aggravate it and I can't find a comfy spot. Sitting for long periods of time is not good, standing is OK, but walking is best when it gets really bad.

Hi Wolfie, I haven't been on this site for awhile. I see you here and at MSAT and feel I know you well. Pain is not good. No sleep is even worse. Hope you get well soon. Doctor should call today. Blessings, Linda

Have you tried putting a pillow under your leg when you lay down. Maybe elevating the leg on the painful side will help a bit. I feel for you. I know what that feeling is like. You feel like you are going to go mad with the pain that will not go away.

Wow Gina, hope the docs get it taken care of.

I deal with my GERD with over the counter generic Zantac. It seems to work better than the prescription stuff without all of the side effects (which is why the expensive stuff requires a prescription) and for a whole lot less $. I don't like taking pills all the time, but after 9 GI bleeds I can say it sure beats the alternative.

Wow Gina, hope the docs get it taken care of.

I deal with my GERD with over the counter generic Zantac. It seems to work better than the prescription stuff without all of the side effects (which is why the expensive stuff requires a prescription) and for a whole lot less $. I don't like taking pills all the time, but after 9 GI bleeds I can say it sure beats the alternative.

Fred`s (and my) dr gave him some samples of Nexium to try. He was taking some other script from the gastro but the permissions had run out on it (insurance needed verification because it was an out of network drug) and the dr never did the paperwork again. So our Dr gave him this. He said if it works, he will keep up on the paperwork so it does not run out.

My head's been under a blanket for so long - I had no idea you were in pain and in a medical crisis, Gina. I'm so sorry .... fingers, eyes and toes are crossed that the doctor will call today, and you will be fixed up very soon! :cheer:

Feel the warm, healing energy? That's from me. :blink:

Wolfie, hope your problems conclude real soon.Still sending positive energy and happy thoughts your way.By the way..your "Never give up..never give in"...is that from

Galaxy Quest?? Funny movie-good thought :blink:

Hope they get you fixed up real quick. If you can find a fix - grab it quick before the insurance company decides they won't cover it.

Long term pain is no fun (this is from someone who lives with chronic pain).

Dig deep into your wolf strength and howl a bit.