Remember to think of Wolfie

Margaret

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well wow! I get online tonight and this pops up!!!! Not to worry friends, my lump is a fatty lyphoma which is probably benign according to my new surgeon friend. It's just a fatty tumor. However, what you can see and feel on the outside is probably the tip of the iceburg according to my doctor. It also is wrapped around some nerves causing pain when I sleep and pain when I reach bend stretch or other things. The pain radiates from the tumor site around to the front and down into the leg which is really weird. Sleeping is difficult as finding a comfy spot is not easy. But we are going to have a catscan next week as he didn't do a biopsy now that he knows what we are up against. He feels that it's a pretty big tumor and it should come out. So the cat scan will show him where and how big and what he has to do to rid me of it. I did ask him if I would lose any weight from the removal-and he looked at me with no smile. Surgeons - you gotta love em!

Anyway I'm here, and I'm going to be OK.

Thank you all for your loving thoughts, good vibes, and prayers!

Fatty tumors are a nuisance and cause discomfort even after you find out they're benign; I went through a spate with them (and getting them removed) in the early '90s. As we grow older our bodies tend to do all sorts of interesting things to keep us on our toes.

{{{{gentle hugs}}}}} Wolfie! Rest and recoup! We're out here keeping watch and hoping you feel better soon!

I can relate over the sleeping issue. I have bursitis in both hips and always know I'm still alive and kickin' each morning because the pain wakes me. I know its time to head to the doc for a 'cocktail' shot in the joints, but I find the pain easier to bear than the temporary fix. Last time the needle hit a nerve...and I think my head hit the ceiling! :hmm:

Thankyou all so much! Am anxiously looking forward to the call from the doctor to come to the hospital for my cat scan..... Am taking some of Doug's pain pills which are knocking me for a loop, but the pain has been intense yesterday and today....but it's not keeping me down. I've been pouring some porcelain dolls, china painting others, and trying to do too much - as usual. anyway am taking a break!

Thanks again for all of your good wishes.

Thankyou all so much! Am anxiously looking forward to the call from the doctor to come to the hospital for my cat scan..... Am taking some of Doug's pain pills which are knocking me for a loop, but the pain has been intense yesterday and today....but it's not keeping me down. I've been pouring some porcelain dolls, china painting others, and trying to do too much - as usual. anyway am taking a break!

Thanks again for all of your good wishes.

Wolfie, take care of yourself!

Gina I haven't been around much it seems in the last few days.. Shame on me! I am sorry you are in so much pain but now that you

know what is the cause I hope that they get out quickly and your pain goes away..

Sending a gentle hugs your way ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Gina, sorry to hear that you're going through this! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything turns out okay and that the pain will disappear like the snow on a warm spring day!

Glad to see that you're keeping busy despite the goings on . . . nothing like a positive attitude to keep you going!

Big Hugs!!