Travel doll project is moving along

Elsbeth

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Message from Emma..........

The journey was a long and tiring one, but tonight I arrived in Gouda at the Emerson Row, where I received a most warm welcome. Just to let you know I arrived safely and was welcomed very warmly I have asked wytchy to send you all some photo's of my arrival..

Tonight I will rest and settle in and recover from the jetlag.....

Here I am, ringing the doorbell

Nice, those decorations...

Well, I think we will get on together..

More soon, love from the Netherlands......

:blink:

Well.. Emma is thoroughly enjoying herself...

After settling in fine on tuesday evening, I took her to lunch in Utrecht on wednesday, on the back of a bicycle and then by train to Utrecht.. Thursday she had to recover from the long lunch and all the wine.. :wub:

Today she insisted on coming to work with me, so she kept me company throughout the day and was very useful in answering the phone :wave: ..

Here she is..

Tomorrow we have planned a visit to the local dollhouse shop and take some pictures there.. Also we will be visiting some friends who live in the Strawberry Patch dollhouse. Keep you informed..

I am more excited now than ever! I really have to get some work done on my dollhouse before Emma comes my way (I hope she understands that she's visiting my first dollhouse!) Wytchy your guest bedroom is beautiful by the way!

Oooh! I looked at your photos and they were marvelous! I love the one where she is wearing the traveling cape and is sitting on the bike.

What great shots! What an adventure! I can't wait to see what else she does.

I think your dollhouse dolls are lovely, btw.

I think Emma is having a wonderful summer!

Just finished uploading today's adventures in Emma's album..

She had a great time shopping in the dollhouse shop and learned to ride a bicycle..... She's tired now and resting in a nice comfortable hot bath...

Love from Emma.. :cucumber:

The bicycle riding photo is fantastic!!!!

She looks so prim and proper and earnest while maintaining her balance!

I have to post it here - it looks like she is having such a good time:

med_gallery_3568_3217_914583.jpg

Awesome!

It is soooo cool that both you and your sister have dollhouses!

That house is great - I love the picture frames done with gold trim/lace - very clever!

Emma looks like she is having the time of her life.

There was a special dinner party in Emma's honour tonight at my sisters dollhouse, the Strawberry Patch..

Emma had a great time.. Photo's are in the gallery.

Wow, wytchy your pics are beautiful! That store you went to had amazing miniatures - I wish there was a place like that where I live! And I LOVE the bicycle!

Hey there,

Emma had a quiet day today, because I had to go to work and she didn't feel like keeping me company again...

Anyway, tonight we paid a visit to the inhabitants of the Arthur, a dollhouse that belongs to one of my sisters.. The photo's are in the album..

And Jess, it is nice to have a nice dollhouse shop so nearby. it's also not very good for my finances sometimes having it so close.. The temptation to go there and not buy anything at all never works for me..

:D

The Arthur is adorable! I love the parlor with the red velvet and pink wallpaper!

I also love the occupants - I feel like they must be solving mysteries like Miss Marple...or maybe they are more benignly ominous like "Arsenic and Old Lace".

Time to move on......... Canada here I come.........

Emma's bags are packed and she is ready to go in the morning. Of course there was a party and some last goodbyes. I've uploaded the photo's in Emma's travel album if you want to take a look at them.

This was enormous fun to do and I really enjoyed thinking of things to do.. Hope the next one on the list had as much fun as I did... Over to you Sue........

Love from the Netherlands......