My First Attempt at Stained Glass Windows

Kitten

After a year of it sitting and nothing being done to it...I decided to start work on my Queen Anne again. Besides..I promised hubby I wouldn't tear into the Darlington and start working on it until I had at LEAST finished the exterior of the Queen Anne.

I bought a book not too long ago that had stained glass patterns in it. You can either paint or color them to get the stained glass effect. I figured this option would be a lot cheaper than paying someone else to design and create stained glass for the QA. I actually like how my first attempt came out. And I came across a tip for making the glass look sort of hazy...paint the acrylic with clear nail polish!

Anyway...here is a picture of the French doors that I did for the QA addition.

I've added the addition to the right side of the house and it will be the kitchen (1st floor) and the master bath (second floor). I've also decided to stone the foundation of the house and addition and have begun that as well. You can see the stones that I've added, but I still need to varnish them and then add the grout. So I still have a LONG, LONG way to go with this house, but it's coming along.

Thanks everyone....

Diva...this is the first time I've had nails since hubbs and I got married 4 years ago. I keep them kind of short so that they don't interfere with my mini work OR my housework.

The name of the book is "Ready-to-Use Dollhouse Stained Glass Windows for Hand Coloring" by Ed Sibbett, jr. and it's a God's send for doing your own windows w/o spending a fortune. All you need is the book, some markers (or paint) and some scissors to cut out the designs. Voila!

thanks tiffanie ill look for it :dunno:

You're welcome!

I got mine off of Amazon.com...maybe check there first. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Tif- those doors are gorgeous. I am so new at this DH world..it would have never dawned on me to do stained glass doors. I guess I need to expand the ole gray matter!

I see projects where people changed doors, windows, rooflines,all sorts of stuff and

my first reaction is 'you can do that?' I think I need to imagine more and worry less.

Anyhow kudos on the french doors!! WTG!!

I see projects where people changed doors, windows, rooflines,all sorts of stuff and my first reaction is 'you can do that?' I think I need to imagine more and worry less.
Pssst, Llyn, this is a hobby, not brain surgery... The reason it's so great to let your inner child out to play is that the only grownup who can tell you "NO" is YOU, and it's amazing how easily that changes!