Proper scale of 1/2" furniture is driving me crazy!!

ItzKathyP

Thanks so much for those furniture comparison pictures! I recognize some of the pieces that I really want for my house and am so happy to see how they look in the house.

I guess when you're dealing with smaller scale, having a piece be slightly out of scale becomes more noticeable, because the difference is twice as big. (Does that make sense?!)
That totally makes sense! I suppose I'll have to be extremely selective in my furniture purchases to keep myself from cringing at out-of-scale items every time I look at the house. I'll be referring back to your pictures often. :(

Just a thought but if you can get it so the whole set looks good together, it might take some work but take a piece with you to shows etc.So you can compare it. Often what bugs me in that scale isn't the size but the grain and the thickness of the wood. Where on earth in real life would you get a foot wide knot hole and Grain that's bigger than a dinner plate? Or 3-4 inch thick Doors drawers etc.

Often what bugs me in that scale isn't the size but the grain and the thickness of the wood. Where on earth in real life would you get a foot wide knot hole and Grain that's bigger than a dinner plate? Or 3-4 inch thick Doors drawers etc.
You're so right, Corwin! I got what was supposed to be 1/2" scale light wood flooring. The planks are cut to 1/2" scale but the grain of the wood is 1" scale. There's no way I can use it in my Fairfield - it'll end up being 1" skinny flooring!!

BTW, glad to see you. :p You've been missing for a while.

Fov, your Fairfield is super cute!! :p

Just a thought here on the kitchen/window height issue: could you perhaps raise the floor a bit by adding a piece of wood or even foamcore - 1/4" maybe, and maybe make a window seat under those windows? It might help balance the appearance of the windows being too high. The "residents" would just have one step up into their kitchen. I might be way off here <I usually am :p:p >

You're so right, Corwin! I got what was supposed to be 1/2" scale light wood flooring. The planks are cut to 1/2" scale but the grain of the wood is 1" scale. There's no way I can use it in my Fairfield - it'll end up being 1" skinny flooring!!

BTW, glad to see you. :p You've been missing for a while.

Thanks, :p if your looking for flooring, while i don't work much in that scasle for six inch wide planks (r/l) You can use skinny sticks/or stir stcks again mind the grain, orgreen leafs vinal flooring is that size to, most pecies have little grain, if you want skinny floor boards how abot coctal stcks, or even better flat tooth picks?