Petit Point Rugs

EllieA

I did one rug with the single strand, one wrap around the needle French Knots. It helped to distract me from my nicotine cravings - I love that little rug, but I can't see me doing another one. Maybe with double strands - some day.

Shelly, your rug is gorgeous - and so large. It must have taken simply ages. :)

www.wix.com/salsstitches/salsstitches

hi there, i recently made a small site to showcase just my needlepoint. have a look. if you want a rug chart to stitch there is one or two in my gallery pages in the folder called Needlpoint charts, some are freebies from places and some i designed my self. give them a go

All of you ladies have lovely rugs. I really like Holly's Aubusson and Shelly N's french knot rug. Sally, you have some lovely pieces on your site. Wish my tapestry would hurry up and get here.

Karen

I did one rug with the single strand, one wrap around the needle French Knots. It helped to distract me from my nicotine cravings - I love that little rug, but I can't see me doing another one. Maybe with double strands - some day.

Shelly, your rug is gorgeous - and so large. It must have taken simply ages. :p

It has! I started that main area last October I think. But, I have been inspired. I finished the dark blue border so that main area is DONE! Woohoo, now I can move on to those smaller parts....

I've made a couple. I made a really nice blue and white one from a pattern in this book (at least I think it was that one, my books are packed up right now so I can't double check).

Here are a few other books I really like:

Miniature Embroidery for the 20th Century Dollhouse

Traditional Needlework in Miniature Classic Design - Amazon says it's not in stock, but Miniatures.com used to carry it, maybe they still do...

I made the Art Deco panel and pillows below from the Miniature Embroidery for the 20th Century Dollhouse book. That book has a lot of great patterns.

I find silk gauze hard to work with (putting it in a hoop helps, though). I prefer really small count linen or evenweave... you can get it in 40 or 50 count.

Janet Granger's kits are great, too.

post-7-1242228436_thumb.jpg post-7-1242228781_thumb.jpg

I'm with you, Emily. I really love the evenweave linen, I have found LOTS of large pieces at Good Will, believe it or not! as well as flosses. I petitpoint in single thread on anything smaller than 30-count; I'm redoing the poinsettia rug on 20+ count coarse linen and doubled thread.