what glue should I use for the starbucks wood sticks?

AngieC

I want to start working on my floor on the porch and I got some Starbuck sticks (I asked the lady there nicely for a handful) but I don't know what glue to use so it will stain easily. I know some glues won't stain and sometimes I am a bit clumsy with the glue. Thanks in advance for answering all my questions. I know I've had quite a few in the last week.

Angie :lol:

Since I'm extremely sloppy with glue I stain first, then glue (wood glue works great for me). I used a small bottle of Elmer's "stainable" carpenter's wood glue once, it was very messy & didn't stain worth a flip for me. If you MUST glue first, wipe it after with a damp rag & let the floor dry completely and then sand it VERY well and stain it.

Since I'm extremely sloppy with glue I stain first, then glue (wood glue works great for me).

That's what I would do too.

PS, I've discovered that applying glue with a paintbrush works MUCH MUCH better for me, and I'm not as sloppy with it as I once was.

Stain first!!!!!! I glued stained sticks in patterns with tacky glue to oaktag (posterboard) cut to fit floor and then laid floor in house, securing with quarter round at base and not gluing to floor at all; so i could change flooring later if I wanted. The floors fit so well, that even the quarter round really isn't needed to secure them..