Greenleaf launches new line of laser cut dollhouses

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that when Greenleaf said they were releasing half scale kits, I was so excited. It had been said that the Victorianna would be re-released in laser cut. I was and still am very disappointed that it still is not in the lineup. I do love all the one's they did produce, but the Victorianna is the one I really want. It was also said that they wouldn't make the older die cut kits, like the Beacon Hill, Garfield, Pierce,etc. in laser cut. Maybe they will make some new designs. Still wishing for that Victorianna, hint hint!

It was also said that they wouldn't make the older die cut kits, like the Beacon Hill, Garfield, Pierce,etc. in laser cut.

That seems crazy that they would abandon, what seem like to me at least, their most popular products. Since laser cut has such advantages in the quality of the product (i.e. less sanding, filling and preping time) I'm sure more consumers would be more interested in purchasing a bigger house if it were laser cut rather then die-cut. Although, honestly I don't even care if they were to release the above 3 houses in die-cut as long as they were in 1:24th scale. I'd suck it up and invest in a bulk supply of sandpaper and wood filler just to have one in half scale. LOL

I just found the laser cut Beaumont.
That one is really nice. I wish I had the room for one of those large dollhouses. My Gloucester isn't very big but it takes up quite a bit of room I can only imagine what these other large houses would do.

I have a hofco house (The Sunshine Cottage) that I built an addition for and have passed on the my daughter that is about the same size as the Beaumont. I have a dresser it will fit on ( that is holding craft supplies) if I can get it cleaned off. Now I just need to save the $$$. ;)

I didn't remember the Victorianna's rerelease being in lasercut when it was announced, but I'd be delighted to build one in regular diecut, so long as it was rereleased! That has been a long while since the announcement!

The Beaumont has been in laser cut since 2009. The ones they are not going to release are the ones like the beacon hill, willowcrest, Garfield, pierce because those dies are newer so they'll only do lasercut for the ones that has no dies or the dies are really not in great shape. :) I'd love to have the willowcrest in laser cut.

I didn't remember the Victorianna's rerelease being in lasercut when it was announced, but I'd be delighted to build one in regular diecut, so long as it was rereleased! That has been a long while since the announcement!

My bad! Holly you're right, it was to be re-released in Birch select wood not laser. The original post was in May 2008. I really don't care what it gets released in as long as it gets released! (please, please, please) Here's a link to the posts if anyone is interestedGreenleaf blog

...I'd love to have the willowcrest in laser cut.
You & me both! I think what we'd all love to see is 1:24 scale versions of the larger houses (Beacon Hill, Pierce, Garfield) in lasercut.

From an economic perspective, I can understand them not releasing laser cut 1:12 scale versions of newer designs that are die-cut...but I hope that doesn't apply to 1:24 scale. Since I don't think they have die cut versions of 1:24 Beacon Hill, Pierce, etc..., I would imagine they could do laser cut of those. Unless they feel that the die-cut Fairfield fills that niche. There are so many goodies (furniture, wallpaper, accessories, etc.) for Victorian style, I think we could argue that we need of a couple of 1:24 kits that fit that style...

But I honestly don't know how it all works from a business or dollhouse engineering perspective!

I agree, Kabrina. Although I am spoiled with laser cut...I would take a 1:24 of any of those houses cut any way!

• 2 years later...

I am going to buy the lighthouse next month if you do international shipping. I've been longing for a 1:12 scale house but because my own home by the sea is tiny I couldn't fit one in, but as this is a tall slim model I could put it on a shelf. It will also go well with the nautical decor in my own home.

Quite honestly although I prefer 1:24 scale I would not have bought this model in 1:24 simply because I have had difficulty sourcing 1:24 nautical themed items.

Louisa, I ended adapting landlubber furnishings and making 1:24 nautical items for my houseboat, which was itself a conversion from a 1:12 kit. Although I must admit the emphasis was more on house than boat, there is a fully equipped pilot house. :D You can see the finished boat in my Greenleaf blog here. Click on the photos to see details in a larger view. The text describes how many of the items were made.

I am going to buy the lighthouse next month if you do international shipping. I've been longing for a 1:12 scale house but because my own home by the sea is tiny I couldn't fit one in, but as this is a tall slim model I could put it on a shelf. It will also go well with the nautical decor in my own home.

Quite honestly although I prefer 1:24 scale I would not have bought this model in 1:24 simply because I have had difficulty sourcing 1:24 nautical themed items.

There is this eBay seller who does a lot of 1:24 including nautical items.

http://stores.ebay.com/Diane-Paone-Miniatures/Nautical-/_i.html?_fsub=2&_sid=10510531&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I was dreadfully saddened when I realized this post is from 2009. :cry:

My heart had skipped a beat thinking it was a brand new (2014) post and we were going to have a brand new selection.

Then I read the original post date. :glare:

The houseboat is amazing, I love it, trouble with the ebay site I'd have to pay US postage which I try not to do, I don't want my husband to cut up my debit cards again haha.

I looked on UK ebay and there are only 1:12 items. I can do kits and build things but I am not very artistic or creative. Shame considering my son is a professional artist, it obviously doesn't run in the family. Will try anything once though!

I was dreadfully saddened when I realized this post is from 2009. :cry:

Me too Selkie! I saw the topic come up and I got all happy...............for a minute!

Louisa, I built the 1:24 lighthouse kit. When I get around to furnishing it I will make everything, as I did for my Fairfields and my Casita.

Holly did you ever think of selling your pieces on Etsy?

Ok, at the risk of sounded totally daft....what is the difference between laser cut and the ordinary cut? Curiosity may have killed the cat...but satisfaction brought her back!

Archived