Greenleaf launches new line of laser cut dollhouses

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lighthouses are incredible!

I probably won't get a Tennyson. I've already built this house but I do want a second Willowcrest. I'll probably have to wait until next month to buy one tho.

I'm so excited about all the new kits...and the returns!!! Thanks Dean for providing these great products.

all the new houses are awesome! I got my 1/2 scale light house the other day. It came so fast I was really impressed! I loved the idea of 1/2 scale because I have a Kincaide painting of a lighthouse and It will fit perfectly on the table below that. Can't wait to make it. Thanks Dean!

I'm prolly gonna pull the trigger on the 1" lighthouse in a coupla days. Thinking I'll pass on the base though. I like the stairs at the front, you lose those with the base.

...The half scale lighthouse didn't seem to be very well received, even with the introductory special of 50% off, so I doubt we'll see this house in half inch scale....
ME!!! I really want a 1:24 scale lighthouse! and I guess I got home too late to get in on the 50% off special... <sigh>

I think a lot of people are scared of 1:24 because there doesn't seem to be as much available in that scale. From my experience with my first 1:24 effort I will be continuing in that scale long after all the 1:12 kits are built and gone to new homes, and everyone with space considerations, please recall that a 1:24 scale dh only takes up 1/8 the space that a 1:12 house does!

I couldn't buy the half scale lighthouse, because I'm too far away and the shipping costs would be prohibitive. Same goes for new laser cut Tennyson. Darn, I would have loved to have a laser cut Tennyson, but alas.

As I live in a quite small apartment, half scale is the ideal size for me. After I finish my Westville and Tennyson, I'm switching to half scale houses.

• 2 weeks later...
<propping chin in hands> Is it talking to you yet? I'm finding it to be just real chatty already and know exactly how mine is going to look. I can already see the white silk curtains blowing in the sea breeze.........

Now I'm dying to hear what it's saying to everyone else! Tracy, I can't wait to see how you do yours because that house would be to die for in stonework!

Deb

Deb, she is talking to me!!! I think I know what I am gonna do with this kit. Now, what are you gonna do with yours :groucho: if it's talking a lot to you, I know that means that the ideas keep on changing so you might have to make more than one :D

I, personally, just don't like lighthouses, that's why I wasn't interested.

I do, however, really like the 1/2" scale!

I totally agree lighthouses just dont attract me although i do think its fabulous :D and i do think i will have to go to 1/2 scale soon due to space requirements.

I know there isnt as much furniture and accessory wise for 1/2 scale but isnt that part of the fun...the hunt...the find...the elation :)

apart from that...if i had the space and lived in America to avoid the shipping costs (minor technicalities :p ) i would own every greenleaf/corona there is to buy :groucho:

The Fairfields have been whining at me for YEARS! about the way they want to be tweaked, and the 1:24 lighthouse, with what it wants me to do to it, is part of what they're whining for! so if I get a lighthouse it'll be the 1"24 and no matter what else I'm working on will have to take a back seat.

No room for a Tennyson, but it isn't talking to me, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will whisper this and see if it gets heard. Victorianna in Laser cut!!! Please. The Fairfield has never spoken to me but the Victorianna will not shut up and I cannot find one.

I really, really think Dean & the design team should think about doing a series of vehicles in 1:12 scale. Don't you think it would complete your house if you had a car or truck sitting beside it !!! It is so hard to find a vehicle the proper scale to put in the garage of your house or to pull your travel trailer.

How about a car, maybe 1930's era, a pickup truck, maybe a suv or Hummer & maybe a small utility trailer. Think about a pick up pulling your parade float or a suv towing your trailer on vacation.

What do you guys think ??????

Steve in PA :happydance:

I,ve been dreaming about a train, very old one with all different types of wagons, 1st class, 2nd class, restaurant, sleeping cabins, cargo and so on, with lots of people inside. This type of project would be easy to store in boxes or a long shelf.

Another product that would really be appriciated is a separate kit of all sorts of "wrought iron" pieces fencing, railings and all sorts of delicate hooks and decorations. Those would be very useful in gardens and in furniture. Laser-cut fences are very expensive in general, so that would be a good chance to kick some competitor-butt. :happydance:

I really, really think Dean & the design team should think about doing a series of vehicles in 1:12 scale. Don't you think it would complete your house if you had a car or truck sitting beside it !!! It is so hard to find a vehicle the proper scale to put in the garage of your house or to pull your travel trailer.

How about a car, maybe 1930's era, a pickup truck, maybe a suv or Hummer & maybe a small utility trailer. Think about a pick up pulling your parade float or a suv towing your trailer on vacation.

What do you guys think ??????

Steve in PA :)

At the very least a Tin Lizzie! or horseless carriage. Maybe a '40s coupe? I love Jaana's train idea, too; but you could bash the Travel Trailer for some of the cars.
Victorianna in Laser cut!!!
Am I the only one who remembers a couple of years ago we were sort of promised the Victorianna would be the first rerelease?

Painting white metal's a piece of cake if you have a can of Rustoleum flat gray primer!lol I've been painting white metal minis nearly half my life.

• 10 months later...
Back to the Emerson Row, is it going to be full size? Laser cut? I'd give my DH for one of those-lol! I adore that house, but figured it was gone forever.

Yes and yes Sherry, and believe me been thinking/dreaming/wanting one for ages and Dean has assured me that it is happening and they are working on it perfecting things so one of these days... :throw: :wub:

Doing the happy dance!

Hugs

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thank you so much for such a wonderful group of laser cut 1:24 dollhouses! Just wanted to add a plea for something along the Victorian style (Beacon Hill, Victorianna)...the Emerson Row looks inspirational too! Maybe 1:24 might be in the future for that one? The beauty of 1:24 is being able to do house with many rooms but still stay in a reasonable footprint.

-Janet

Archived