Greenleaf launches new line of laser cut dollhouses

tennysondollhousekit_thumb.jpgGreenleaf Dollhouses is proud to introduce our new line of laser cut dollhouse kits! We are starting off with an old fan favorite, the Tennyson Dollhouse, which has been out of production for years. Enjoy this house like never before with it’s improved laser cut features.  For new offerings, we have released a Dollhouse Lighthouse in both one inch and half inch scale, both of which have a level of detail that is amazing.

Laser cutting works by directing a high powered beam of light with incredible precision across the surface of a sheet of wood leaving a high quality finished cut. There are many differences in die-cutting and laser cutting wood, the most important is that we can realize intricate designs that are too complex for die-cutting. We can also cut smooth curves and even engrave highly detailed patterns into the wood, a technique that will add dimension and scope to our products. Additional benefits of laser cutting is considerably less stripping of parts and minimal sanding.

For over sixty years, Greenleaf Dollhouses has been die-cutting thousands of products with great success and will continue to do so. We look forward to a future of blending laser cutting into our product line, while continuing to die cut our dollhouse kits that are loved worldwide. 

ShareThis

View the full article at Dolllhouse-Kits.com
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, man, that is so cool!!!! :p And here I am in the middle of my old Tennyson rehab! If I hadn't already invested "a ton" of $$ and effort into it, it would be in the burn barrell!! (Not really..I love rehabbing...but I really love the looks of this house!!)

When will this be available and how much will it cost? Is the house 1/12 scale? It looks great and I want one. :p

It's in the store and available now. The link for the Tennyson page in the webstore is http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Tennys...lhouse-Kit.html and it has all the drool-worthy information about it there including some excellent pictures.

Dean, you are *SO* good to us! First the lighthouses and now the Tennyson! Wooooooooohooooooooooo!! This is a happy day in the dollhouse world!

Deb

OK, enough with the Tennysons and Lighthouses!

I'm sure they're nice and all but...

I want my Willowcrest! Laser-cut, if possible. :p

Ohhhhhhh :p hmm, travelling light across the ocean is even more apealling with every release LOL, you think one my huuuuge suitcase might be big enough to pop one of these babies in there for the flight home :yes: not that it will happen in the very near future but still a gal' can dream right?!?

HUGS and thank you all involved in these upgrades and releases!!!!

WoW!!! I would like green leaf to make additions to add on to there houses, I am sure they would sell well, I know we have the prim rose. . . . .

Is the house 1/12 scale? It looks great and I want one. :yes:

The Tennyson is one inch scale. The half scale lighthouse didn't seem to be very well received, even with the introductory special of 50% off, so I doubt we'll see this house in half inch scale.

I want my Willowcrest! Laser-cut, if possible. :p

The die cut Willowcrest should be released next week with a suggested retail of $149.95. I have no plans on laser cutting the Willowcrest.

Thanks!

Dean

Am I allowed to say another manufacturers 'gothic house' is about 2/3 the size of the tennyson? Same house. I never noticed it before.

Just a reminder Deana, there is only one Tennyson. The house you are referring to seems to have borrowed some design features from our house, but the comparison ends there.

I think the laser cutting will make the kits much better/easier to make and finish. I like the lighthouse (particularly in half scale) but the reason I didn't buy one is the final product just wasn't as cute as the prototype. I liked the arched windows and their placement on the lighthouse, and the railings.

I love the look of the laser cut Tennyson. Would love another Garfield - but laser cut.

(That's a bit greedy isn't it)

Jo

x

The Tennyson is one inch scale. The half scale lighthouse didn't seem to be very well received, even with the introductory special of 50% off, so I doubt we'll see this house in half inch scale.

The die cut Willowcrest should be released next week with a suggested retail of $149.95. I have no plans on laser cutting the Willowcrest.

Thanks!

Dean

the half-scale lighthouse was offered at 50% off????? How did I miss that!!??!! Oh dear.

Anyway. It's on my list to buy..next month...when my credit card balance is a bit caught up.

Now let's see, what will my Tennyson be?? :p

<propping chin in hands> Is it talking to you yet? I'm finding it to be just real chatty already and know exactly how mine is going to look. I can already see the white silk curtains blowing in the sea breeze.........

Now I'm dying to hear what it's saying to everyone else! Tracy, I can't wait to see how you do yours because that house would be to die for in stonework!

Deb

I would love to have the laser cut because sanding is my least favorite thing to do. It never reaches the point where I'm satisfied and I end up breaking pieces by over sanding. The laser cut details are so nice I don't know if I'd want to paint the exterior and hide them. I hope this isn't a limited edition because I want to do the Willowcrest first even with all the sanding required. :)

Heck, I want them all :) The new Tennyson is gorgeous!

I don't know why the 1/2 scale lighthouse was not received better - but it was received just dandy here..I LOVE IT!! :) And the half off price was much appreciated Dean!! A million thanks!

Ruh roh. Now I'm gonna have to have another Tennyson! You know that's the house that made me and Jimmy fall in love with Greenleaf houses....

Archived