My very first mini creation

Jo Med

I haven't posted for a while as my job has kept me very busy travelling, I've been too exhausted to do much on Victoria Villa. The travelling is not the glamorous type either, just miles of motorway driving, there and back in a day and somewhere else tomorrow.

I have made my very first mini creation even though I haven't finished the build yet - a pair of curtains for the entry bay. I have read all of your tutorials, watched what all of you are doing and hopefully learned something. I didn't feel up to dressing a bed yet but hopefully that will come. What I learned today is that Hobby Craft (UK) have a tool for just about everything. Today I discovered collapsible eye beading needles - what a wonderful thing they are - how could I have lived 58 years and not know about them. (Never ever having picked up a bead before could have something to do with it) Beading is now my favourite thing to do - til tomorrow.

I am very pleased with my first effort, its not perfect but its not too shabby for a first try. Pictures are in my Garfield album, let me know what you think.

Jo

X

Thanks Traci. I spent a long time trying to get these to hang like real curtaims - they reek of Silvikrin Firm Hold ("borrowed" from son) This my first attempt at being creative so I'm really pleased that you like them.

Jo

x

omg woman!!!! they are fabulous!!!! :)

now...my beacon....hmmmmm i need two lots for the lounge....theres the bedroom............do you have a waiting list? :p

Glad you like them. Gonna get started on the rest of the Garfield windows now - will be posting again in about 6 months time I think - lol

Jo

x

Jo,

If these curtains are your first attempt at making curtains then I must say that you have quite a talent/gift! These curtains are stunning and are definitely among the most beautiful dh curtains I've ever seen!

Thanks so much everyone, I am very pleased with the way they turned out and feeling pretty good right now.

I have had a few disasters over the last couple of weeks so it makes a change for things to go well. I bought a conservatory for my house and was very pleased with it until I knocked it off the table and it smashed. Took me ages piecing it all back together and repairing the shattered wood - things are never the same are they. A couple of days before that a wall (just masking taped on to the rest of the house) fell off and ripped out the copper tape on that side, then my transformer stopped working. So its been a trying couple of weeks which is the reason I stepped away from the build to try my hand at something else and voila - success with the curtains.

Hugs to all

Jo

x

That's what the little projects are for, to give your ego a boost when the big project is giving you fits. It happens to all of us and is why we have so many projects going at once! You are doing great, though-the drapes look fantastic and your house will, too!