Work Out Video's 5/2/09

What's your Favorite Workout Video? What did you like best about it? What results did you see and how long did it take you to see the results?

My all time favorite is Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away the Pounds" I have been doing that one for about 7 years. Whenever I want to get back into shape I start off with this one. I like the fact that I am getting my walk in no matter what the weather is. I was not out of breath from going up and down steps and I think it was Great Cardio. I was saw the firming of my legs within a month of me doing it and it also helped me to keep my weight down. It is a low impact exercise too so it was not too bad on my knees.

Tracy, those were always my favorite, too! I use the treadmill and elliptical now, but if/when they break, I will just pull out the WATP dvds again! I like that anyone can do them, you can go easy or really work hard by the energy you put into it. Also, I would turn the sound down and play my own music while I did them.

Oh My Goodness Deanna!! My Mom would do that one when I was a teenager and she would make me come in and do it with her LOL. You just made me have a flashback :lol: We used to do one of her workouts in 1987

My favorite was "Basic Training: The Workout" with Ada Janklowicz. For some reason, that was the only workout that ever worked for me. I loved what it did for me! I still have a bunch of them on VHS and just recently got one on DVD in hopes that someday I'll be able to do it again. Right now I'd be happy if I could just get thru the warmup and stretching segments. I keep trying!

Deb

Workout videos? I used to use a book called Body Sculpting and it kept me fairly flexible, but over the past several years I have some muscles that spasm excruciatingly when I try to move in certain directions, so I do a simplified version of the stretches from my old routine before hiking, etc.

I use all of the walking Cassettes in my walkman when I'm using the treadmill.....and love them. I have all sorts of walking tapes from peple giving orders while you are walking to music and it's sooooo much better than just plodding along......

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked the Biggest Loser video.. I borrowed it from the library and it was great.!! I know have core rhythmns... borrowed from a friend.. it is pretty good, latin dancing mostly.. but gets you working out.!!

Kellee