We are going to Florida

Starfire

Some time ago I mentioned we were going back to Amelia Island again with friends over the fourth of July and I hoped to get down to Naples and see the Masters in Miniature and their display of the Kupjack rooms at the museum there and also pay a visit to Ron's in Orlando. I suspect that this is the last time we will be able to do this due to our ages and DH's health. Well for a time the museum looked like a lost cause because the exhibit closes on the 28th of June and we were not meeting our friends until July 2. But my DH is working on getting us down to Naples on the 27th spend a day or two then up to Orlando for a day or two and then on to Amelia Island and back home on July 5th. Keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers.

Hope you make it to Naples. I live very close to there. While your in Naples don't forget to visit Nancy's Dollhouse Store. Not as large as Ron's but still lots of treasures to be found!

Hope you get it all worked out :yes: And then... go buy all the mini's your vehicles <and wallet> will allow :lol: ;) Sounds like such fun...I am a bit green with envy. However it works out, sounds like it will be a wonderful trip

I just got home from Ron's and all I can say is WOW!!!!! I came to visit my son in Melbourne and he said he lived about 1 hour 10 minutes away so he took me this afternoon and WOW. I only stayed an hour and a half since he was with me and I didn't want him to get too bored. That place is amazing. I ended up buying 2 4 poster twin beds, a double brass bed and a matching dresser and some material to make the bed setting. My son bought me everything for Mother's Day. He is awesome. I can't wait to go back now that I know how close it is to my son. Good thing I do not visit too often LOL

• 2 weeks later...
...this is the last time we will be able to do this due to our ages and DH's health...
Gee, Beverly, sounds like the perfect time to consider a move to FL!
See if you can meet up with Holly! Tell her Wolfie sent you!
That'd be hard, I live about five hours' drive from Ron's and about nine hours from Nancy's and nearly four hours from Amelia Island. Nancy's is OK until you've been to Ron's. In addition to things like Nancy has he & Richard have kits, supplies & artisan items, and their own mini museum.