Witchy Wart wasnt a wart at all..

heidiiiii

Heidi,

Ask your dermatologist about Mohs Surgery for your face. It is indicated for areas where minimal scarring is desired like your face. You need to have the right kind of cell for this procedure I believe but it's absolutely worth asking. I had the forehead squamous cancer removed with this surgery and you are very hard pressed to see the site where it was. In fact in a year I think it will be completely undetectable. Good Luck and speedy recovery.

Heidi,

Ask your dermatologist about Mohs Surgery for your face.

She already cut the one off my face for the biopsy. It is next to my nose and close to my eye. There is a impression where the *wart* used to be. So I think that is how it is going to be from now on.

Has anyone had this done to their scalp at all? Why I ask is part curiosity and part vanity. I am thinking she is going to have to shave off near the one on my scalp because when she takes it for biopsy plus the burning? she did on the face one to stop bleeding. Do not want my hair to catch on fire..LOL

Thank you all. I will try to trudge through this week and try not to obsess too much about Friday. At least my appointment is at 8am. Get it over with!

you will be ok its good that you are getting them done now and not going down the road to find something worst. a few years back a i had a pre cancerus birthmark removed thanks to the hubs he spoted it. he has to go back every 6 months his birth mother passed away from milanoma so he has to be checked alot had a alot removed but its good to have it checked and removed. Lots of luck and hugs coming your way if you need to talk im here for you :dunno:

I had a wart on my lip when I was ten that needed to be removed and the doctor used liquid nitrogen. I had no pain at all and it was just done in his office. The stress you are putting yourself through is probably more harmful. Be thankful that they are being looked after and you're getting rid of them.

The stress you are putting yourself through is probably more harmful. Be thankful that they are being looked after and you're getting rid of them.

Okay. Thanks. I will not mention it again.

Hi Heidi!!

My husband has to have the same thing done. The pre-cancerous area is on his cheek. However, it is so deep with roots that he has to have it cut out and then have plastic surgery! :)

Liquid nitrogen doesn't hurt - it kind of stings for a few seconds.

I'll be thinking of you! :dunno:

Growing up in FL I had the first "junctional nevus"/ precancerous mole taken off my face (over my right eye) when I was in highschool by the dermatologist dad of one of my girlfriends. MY DM freaked out and hauled me up to her brother the GP to have the four on my left cheek taken off. Bless his heart, he used an electric needle-appartus to burn them off and two grew right back (I still have them...)! I have several spots my current MD is "watching".

Still have my fingers crossed that all is benign, Heidi.

The important thing is to get rid of them as soon as possible before they turn into something worse. My FIL didn't, and has been paying for it with deep ones that require extensive cutting-you want to avoid that!

I will be sending you good vibes... I have some warts that I need to have taken off too... I going to make appointment for me and my mother while I am off work!

Please give us an update when you get home...

I had a precancerous brown spot removed on my face a few months ago. I had a local anesthesia and he used a laser. I also had an almost black flat mole on my neck we were both concerned about. That was normal. I had scabs for at least two weeks and just covered them when I went out so people wouldn't mistake me for a leper. Now there are just very pale scars. I have to have them checked in another three months or so. Any brown spot you think is different should be checked. As we age we get lots of them but the bad kind are usually different looking in some way from the norm.

It's sure hard to tell, though. DH had a mole on his back start growing until it was the size of a dime. It really worried me, but his doctors have always said it was nothing-so never assume it is or it isn't. Get it checked!