Not to be outdone

MiniMadWoman

As you know, Madame Riaboushka just purchased new furniture from Deb for her parlor. Well, Mrs. Pennethorne got her nose all out of joint, so she had to have new furniture as well. But it didn't stop there! She had me redecorate her entire boudoir!

I spent the weekend removing old wallpaper, putting up new wallpaper, installing new carpeting and drapes and finally moving in the new furniture. I'm exhausted!

The bed, vanity and drapes are by Ruth Ellen.

Here's a few pictures. You can see more on my blog.

post-267-1240796825_thumb.jpg

post-267-1240796852_thumb.jpg

Hi Teresa! :lol:

I love the story and the beautiful bedroom, I was going to say buodoir (but i can't figure out how to spell it). I love red! You did a fantastic job! :idiot:

dee in sunny smyrna near atlanta

Thanks everyone for your kind and sometimes funny comments! LOL!!

Yes, Ruth Ellen does amazing work and she's so much fun to work with. She really strives to give you exactly what you want. For the closet drape, I told her it needed to swag to the right. She managed to give it such a realistic look. The pictures really don't do justice to how beautiful the set is . . . so you're all invited over for tea and a peek! :idiot:

OMG, that is just drop-dead gorgeous!! Mrs. Pennethorne has such exquisit taste that I wouldn't expect anything less from her, but I think she really out did herself this time. That's one of the most beautiful bedrooms I've ever seen.

Deb

my goodness! i finally went to the ruth ellen site and... my goodness! a whole suite of beautiful furniture (and drapes!!!) for such a price! i don't need them, i don't need them... but oh.....

i do have a birthday coming up. :lol: