Tudor Progress

pdlnpeabody

What fantastic brickwork-Hope your son comes home soon

Thanks! I hope to have the cellar doors built and hung by this evening and the staircase built this weekend. There are times that I wish I could buy some of the things I'm building for this house.

The docs say he may be coming home within a few days with a heart monitor.

Thanks! I hope to have the cellar doors built and hung by this evening and the staircase built this weekend. There are times that I wish I could buy some of the things I'm building for this house.

The docs say he may be coming home within a few days with a heart monitor.

Glad to hear about Jaden!

As for the house, as much as you may want to be able to buy things for it, I'm sure that you still enjoy making them yourself - in spite of any frustrations or the length of time it takes! And this way, you can say that you did it ALL yourself - which will be an amazing feat! :)

Wow,Jeremy, I keep poking around this site and find all sorts of treasures! I love anything Tudor era..and your work rocks. Thanks for sharing. And I hope your little boy is home and doing well.!

Thanks everyone!

I have the cellar doors assembled, but I need to paint the hinges and brackets before connecting them to the house. If I don't have the basement fully assembled by this weekend I will definitely have it done by the end of the month.

Your builds are just phenominal! I love every pic!! Is the baby home yet?

Thanks!

There is talk of sending home in one or two weeks (they've said that several times over the past month) but he will have a monitor and I have to get recertified in infant CPR. They want me to take the class next week, but there's a chance I might have to travel to Germany for work next week.

I'm working on a pair of staircases for the cellar at the moment. Nothing worth taking pics of at the moment, but I will post more as they come.

My youngest GS came home with a monitor, two in fact. Not sure what the other one was, but it gave us all a comfort knowing he was on them, and it didn't last too long. A few months, I think. You will be so glad to have him home, I know!

Infant CPR is a whole lot easier than adult CPR, you can cover his mouth & nose at the same time to give breaths and only use two fingers to give chest compressions.; under the circumstances, FIND the time to get recertified before your trip!

I've been certified off and on since 1987 (7th grade). It shouldn't take too long.

The trip to Germany is off, but it may happen someday. I was hoping to get some ideas for future projects if I went.

I have made all of the pieces for the interior and exterior cellar stairs, but they aren't assembled yet. I would take pics of the pieces, but for some reason the I can no longer re-size the pics (hence the small pic of the cellar doors). I also want to forewarn any Tudor fans out there - the interior of the house will be neo-classical with some Tudor inspired dressing, but it won't be a traditional interior. Its more of a "Tudor inspired" house. I'm not any good at making up storylines, but the "history" of the house would be that it was an old Tudor house that was severly damaged and rebuilt. The only components that would have survived would be the brick work and foundation.

More pics to come soon!

Hey, Jeremy, in addition to updated pictures of the Tudor, how about some more recent pictures of your other mini, Jaden? I'll bet we wouldn't recognize him now that he's grown so much!

Still no new pics of the Tudor, although for some reason I can't post the cellar doors at the original size (it only appears small like my previous posting).

Here are a few of Jaden and his big sister.

Thanks everyone!

Now that he is home I doubt I'll get much time to work on the Tudor. I've been re-fitting the sliding brick wall (the rail expanded to the point that it didn't fit the groove) and working on touching up the wine cellar. One other issue I noticed was that the cellar walls were about 1/8" too high, so I had to trim the walls. If I get a chance I'll install the cellar, cellar hallway and west wall. The only details left will be the arch connections. Adding a yard and the 1st floor framing will give this house a more realistic look and be one step closer to it taking on its final shape.

:) that Jaden FINALLY made it home! Hope everything goes well with him from here on in and that life will settle down a bit so that you all feel like a family once again with everyone under the same roof! :rofl:

Thanks again everyone!

The way things have been going this house may end up being a college graduation present for my daughter! I haven't been able to do anything with it this week. :D

Thanks again everyone!

The way things have been going this house may end up being a college graduation present for my daughter! I haven't been able to do anything with it this week. :D

Right now, your priorities at home are the little ones and your wife, as they should be. Enjoy the little ones now! The house can wait until you have more time and energy.