Tudor Progress

pdlnpeabody

I haven't posted any updates on my scratch-built tudor lately, so I thought I would post this now. I have been trying to get the basement completed, but my son in the NICU has been my focus for the past two months. Fortunately he's doing better and I stay home with my daughter so my wife can spend more time with him. During the past few weekends I have worked on the exterior wall that includes the cellar entrance, chimney, living room exterior door and the secret staircase that leads to the wine cellar. In the pick you can see the wiring for the house. The hollow space in the chimney shaft makes for a great passage for the wiring.

Your attention to detail is amazing...I'm afraid I don't have that much patience - or talent. Can't wait to see the finished project :idiot:

Hope your son is home with your family soon! I remember the long days in the NICU - the people that work in them are saints I believe

Thanks everyone!

Junior is currently 6 lb. 12 oz. He will be 3 weeks from his due date as of this Thursday. He won't be home for at least that long due to problems with his heart rate and oxygen saturation levels (they keep dropping unexpectedly).

The weight of the house may become a problem, but I believe it will be under 60 lbs. My B&B only weighs about 20 lbs. due to the hollow walls, so I think the only real contributor to this house's weight will be the brick and mortar. I can hardly wait for this thing to take its final shape.

They will have him home to you in no time. I remember going through this with our last GS-he was born with a deviated septum and could hardly breathe. But the folks in NICU are some of the most dedicated I've ever seen and they work miracles every day.

No idea why junior is having heartrate problems. The docs think it will resolve itself, but they have been wrong about almost everything else.

As for the exterior wall, if I don't hit too many glitches, it should have a fresh coat of mortar by this weekend. For now I took a pic of the basement from an angle that won't be possible when the wall is installed. Enjoy.

I finally added mortar to the outside of the west wall. The sides and interior chimney shaft still need to be grouted, but that will have to wait a day or two.

Also found out that Jaden may be coming home within the next two weeks!