4/21/06 What is Your favorite dollhouse style/era?

Time Period  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your favorite dollhouse style/era to work in?

• Colonial
    • Victorian
    • Tudor
    • Contemporary
    • Medieval
    • Mixture of all
    • Cultural themed Mexican/Asian/indian etc

I like a mixture too, though the medieval and tudor look really appeals to me. Also for some reason the grander and gaudier it is, the more I like it. I guess my taste runs to bawdy Victorian Gothic!lol! I love the shabby chic look, with the cherubs and rod iron, and antiques. My husband has held out against it--(he's a typical redneck--calls my cherubs 'those lil' winged naked people' sitting around!) In my dollhouse anything goes.

I don't think that I have a favorite period for building. In fact, I think I'd like to have each house I build be a different style and period just to try them all. I like the challenge of trying new things and making them as true to the style of the era represented as possible.

Deb

Surprise, surprise! My favorite style is Art Nouveau! Hehe! I also like Victorian furniture. I love everything representing the early 20th century's way of life. In my dollhouse I try to avoid stuff that would never be found in a turn of the century home. In real life I prefer a mix between antiques and shabby chic stuff.

Well I had to vote for medieval - it was a harder poll than I thought it would be because I also like ethnic/cultural stuff - I go nuts for Indian and Mideastern minis but I haven't had the opportunity to work on much of that style yet or seen a lot of it done, and Tudor also really gets my attention but I have to say when I see medieval I really perk up - there's jut enough of it out there to really be encouraging to go for making things that will fit that setting.

-David

So far Iam working in the Victorain theme but I would like to try different ones the Tudor and Midevil time period really appeal to me as well. :D I also dont want to just limit my houses to one specific themes I want to have a variety of them :unsure:

I voted for a mixture of styles, because I want to build all different types of houses. Not limit my potential to any one style. I have built two victorians, a farmhouse, and a beach cottage. I love history so working in medieval or colonial would be fun too. I would love to do some whimsical, fantasy buildings too. Well, I guess one of each is my goal.

Couldn't vote because my favorite period is turn-of-Century (the LAST one, not this one) pre-WWI, what our English friends call "Edwardian", in the US the Craftsman movement was just getting going, so there might be some Victorian pieces leftover, but not many.

• 4 weeks later...

I love Real victorian homes so of course of love victorian dh.

We have a colonial house but I so wanted a victorian when we were househunting. Hubby said no..too much to clean.

He was right! I cant keep up with what w have now, cant imagine if I had another 5 or 6 rooms!!

I love Tudor & Medieval and Fatasy Themed miniatures. Cozy warm small Cottages appeal to me the most.

What do YOU like the most??

Tracy I like the cottage style too, definatley would have a cottage over a mansion

I like 'em all, it's the design of the house itself rather than a period. I also like utilitarian structures, the RGT lighthouse would be fun, but it seems way too short, I'd think 6' would be closer to accurate, though looks like that would be a straightforward scratchbuild, don't think I'll bother. but it did inspire me to think of another idea.

Had to go with a mixture of styles because I can't say any one type is my favorite. Love the variety! Eventually, when I have a dedicated room to display my houses in (and get them all built of course :unsure: ) I would like to have one of every style - all decorated in a different theme (Christmas, Wedding, Easter, etc.).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't done a house yet, but when I get a lil practice in I want to do a Tudor. I just think they are so romantic. They make think of the movie Sense and Sensability. I'll probibly decorate it with modern furnature and pretend it's my own dream house, with a lil husband in the driveway taking out the trash,lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I voted Victorian. My "PIERCE" is a Queen Anne Victorian dh and I'm definitely decorating in that era. I collect Victorian linens and tablecloths. Some of the ones that I have purchased are not in perfect condition and they will be made into linens and tablecloths for my dh.

lyn(julygirl)