Dejunking, Housework & Yardwork Challenge

Lynette Smith

I am going to the antique mall this morning and pack up my stuff to come home, if DS will help me with it. The garage is already loaded with my teaching supplies. Then I will go through my crafts and thin that all out for a garage sale next weekend. Should make a big difference , I hope!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Luck on your yard sale.!!

Today, I am going back to the basement.. and try to declutter a little more... I have so much stuff down there that I cant move.!!

I have an old wringer style wahing machine that I want to get rid of, a pasta machine, and Disney Movies that I need to let go of.!

I am hoping to figure out a place to sit all the dollhouses.!!!

Kellee

Against my better judgment, I am going to declutter those cabinets here in the dining room. I say that because of the dust that is going to deem me incapacitated afterward. Going to dose myself with allergy pills now and get moving.

iIfolded a mountain of laundry, have another load of jeans in the washer, mopped the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed the living room. I wonder who the other 6 people are that live here and make such a mess! and why don't hey helpout a little more??? Now I am going out to the garden to finish planting the tomatoes and peppers. It's a gorgeous day here. Sun out and a nice breeze.

:) I bet you didn't even get a thank you for your lovely decluttering job! He does look content. :wub:

No I did not.. LOL

I will leave him be for now. He will get tired of the spot (maybe) eventually.

I see he has enough Siamese to have crossed eyes.. Oh, what a cutie! We stopped by DS' yesterday to look in on him and his younger ginger tom has decided to adopt me; he's a much chattier Cathy than the older one; the black one thinks I'm a neat scratching post, but I think I have suitably disabused him of trying that trick again!

Donated 3 large, full boxes of general junk and my old Breyer barn to the Children's Camp fundraiser yard sale last weekend. Raised $300.00!! Did not bring anything home. That was my best decluttering job yet, and I volunteered to run the sale, so I had a great time as well!!

No I did not.. LOL

I will leave him be for now. He will get tired of the spot (maybe) eventually.

LOL, I do think he is happy to have "HIS" house back in order again, don't you? I mean he did have some fun in there in his "young" days as well as Oliver is right now...

Hugs

LOL, I do think he is happy to have "HIS" house back in order again, don't you? I mean he did have some fun in there in his "young" days as well as Oliver is right now...

Hugs

Yeah, I think he is trying to tell Oliver what is what in this house. They play so nice (and sometimes mean) together. They have become cat buddies.

I have said already but I will say it again. I am going to clean a room today come hell or high water or dust!

I am going to clean Natalie`s room (with her assistance). The closet needs to be cleaned out and she has a ton of clothes to go through. Toss, keep, or donate. Then I will do loads of laundry and put them on the clothesline. Her room looks like..a teenagers room. So I want to clean it just because I want to..LOL

I would take a before pic but I do not want to embarrass her with that.

I now have almost 2 full garbage bags of outgrown kids clothes gathered from around the house all ready to be dropped off at one of the donation bins. And, still a few more pieces of clothing to add to the pile.

Maybe tomorrow I will work on the laundry....

the 5 boxes finally got picked up today !!! YEA !!! so Now I am back to start more decluttering.!! I have got the boys interested in the Flylady camp... so hopeuflly I wont be alone on the decluttering this year... we are supposed to have rain, monday thru thursday this week.. Memorial Tournament so it is to be expected... so as soon as that is all done I will move everything out and lay that carpet.!!

kellee

Spent most of the day at the hospital. But I woke at 3 am, so made some curtains and cleaned the kitchen then. Bought groceries and went to Hobby Lobby on the way home, took a nap, and woke up with a migraine. So I won't go back to the hospital tonight, just talk to him on the phone and enjoy the peace and quiet-grandkids come home tomorrow!

Good work Wendy! :wave:

I need to buckle down and list some stuff on ebay. I got so far as to pull up the page...

A load of laundry, a load of dishes, changed the bed. I got a tackle box to store my mini tools and stuff in, so it's organized. Now I need to go to the library and pick up something fun to work to!

I am going to start going through the boxes in my craft room/guest room today. The pile for the garage sale is growing! But it's not going to be this week, I still haven't brought everything home from the antique mall, either. There's just not enough time in the day, seems like!

I have been "dejunking" for about 2 months now!! I have already had 2 yard sales and am getting ready to have another. I still have 2 "scary" rooms that I am frightened to even open the doors to. ha ha. But I need to get in there. My Garfield is behind one of those doors. :)

My house really got out of hand during this past year of cancer treatments. Since then I have felt the need to get things orderly "just in case".

I sent a bag of crochet thread home with a tatter who posted a need on Freecycle. I have promised her more once I can get into those tubs. She also is knowledgeable about spinning and said that my drum carder could well for a good amount (a new one costs $2500), so my idea of trying to get maybe as much as $100 for it has been tossed out. That money could go a long way to building my studio/shed where my craft and sewing items will live (I even have a wood burning stove lined up to keep it warm in the winter!) I'm going to check with the spinning store she told me about. :)

I have alot to do today.. I got alot done this week in the basement.. but of course there is still alot to do.!! So, I am going to try to get somemore done so I can set up the Newburg base and get it ready!!

kellee

We are supposed to have rain Saturday & Wednesday.! So, I am thinking about moving everything out of the basement and putting the carpet down.. Really sucks because I only have my 12 year old son to help me. I think I would be better at decluttering if I had the carpet laid down... it would actually look like a room instead of a basement.!!! Maybe.!! but I really want it to look like a nice place for the kids to play and Myself to work on my houses !!!!!!!

Kellee

This isn't really de-junking, in the true sense, but I'm letting my son's music teacher buy my Rehab Washington, that I turned into 'Main Floor Music"-It picked him!! This fellows favorite colors are blue and orange, can you beleive it? This of course is to make room for the Gloucester that's on it's way! LOL