Walmer Dollhouse

Bojangles

Hello, I am Bojangles a new member to Greenleaf Community. I have a 1976 Walmer French Victorian . It has 12 room 4 floors. It is charterized by its mansard roof and is put together with slates and wooden pegs. I have just finished renovation and am putting it in the Miniture Show 3 Blind Mice in Dayton, Ohio on Aug 8-9. I am very excited. The house is a back open. If anyone has one or heard of the old Walmer's please let me know. Thanks, Sharon :)

Hi Sharon! :)

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Wow! That's quite a house! It didn't feel that huge to look at the front. I love the feel of the interior! Its so wonderfully crammed full of stuff, like a real Victorian era house. You should ad some more pictures showing some of the rooms in detail, I wanted to click to get a closer look but couldn't!

It must be neat to have your house in a show! Did it belong to you as a child or other family member, or did it come to you later?

Lynette. I bought the Walmer in 1976 for my daughters for Christmas. They were 4 and 7 yrs. I decorated it then, wallpaper etc, but no fine detail because kids will destroy it. So this has been my time to work with it and decorate the way I always wanted to. I am going out on my album and ad picture now. Take a look later at the rooms.

Thanks for sharing. Sharon

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome. Your walmer dollhouse is beautiful. I've made three Walmers over the years and now RGT has them. My favorite I made is the Charmingland farmhouse. It's small and has the scored outer walls instead of siding. It went together differently also by assembling the whole first floor and then a frame around it to hold the second floor. Never found another like it. Hope to see more of your pictures. :flowers:

• 3 weeks later...