Willow.... adding bathroom

Ok, I'm working on the Willow and I really want to use both rooms on the second floor as bedrooms and it doesn't make sense to me to put the bathroom in the attic spaces....so I'm wondering if you think this would work.....

I would like to put a wall in the 2nd floor hallway going from side wall to side wall at the back of the stair opening to make a bathroom space....the window in the front of the house above the door would now be in the bathroom. I know that the only way see into the bathroom would be through the door I would have into the hallway and the window in the front but that would be OK with me as "realism" is the most important in my head....

How long is a 1:12 scale bathtub? I'm wondering if I could get it to fit in this new bathroom area when I create it.

What do you suggest I use for the wall? foam core? cardboard? ?

Let me know your thoughts or if anyone else has done this with their Willow. I did look at many in galleries but didn't see this on any of them.

You can use printies for things on the wall. A tub is 4 or 5 inches long, if it won't fit, make a fake shower or use a small box and make one. I wouldn't do anything fancy since all you will see is bits and pieces.

Check the gallery, there are several 'partial' bathrooms. One is in an orchid, I think Hallowell has a house with a partial view bath.

• 2 months later...

I made a closet in the Laurel rehab with foamcore, and I made a foamcore dividing wall that's hinged to get a bathroom in Maggie. Yours also is a great idea, and solves a problem with the top of the stairs in the hall.