Need help shingling Beacon Hill

CindyLee

I am shingling my Beacon Hill, and don't know how to do the part of the mansard roof on the left side, next to the tower, I can't reach down there, and don't know if a template will work becuase of the curve of the roof. HELP!

What I done was to make a card stock templet of the roof, and the wall. Than I glued shingles to templet, glued siding to the other templet. than slid, and glued the templets into place. Hope this makes sense.

Try checking out Gina's (butterflyex) blog. It's the best resource for building a Beacon Hill. She has blogged 2 of them. Here is the link to her second one where she discusses shingling. There's probably another shingling entry, so you may want to read on. Lots of good info there.

http://moreminis.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-s...hill-day-8.html

Good luck!

What I done was to make a card stock templet of the roof, and the wall. Than I glued shingles to templet, glued siding to the other templet. than slid, and glued the templets into place. Hope this makes sense.

When you made the template for the roof, was it able to bend ok to the curve of the roof?

My hubby, who has very large hands, was able to get in there and shingle . . . one shingle at a time. Here's a picture of what the finished job looks like. It requires a little bit of patience, but it can be done! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all of your help! I ended up buying a long skinny plyers type thing and I could reach right back in there! Some of the shingles are slightly unaligned and overlapped a bit, but nothing that can really be seen from the front. So it turned out great! :thumb: