Toncross furniture?

New Day

There is a Craigslist ad near me that has dollhouse furniture for sale. They say one lot of it is Toncross which is rare. I can't find anything on Google or Ebay. Has anyone heard of this brand? The ad says it was made in Sturbridge, NE USA.

There doesn't seem to be a Sturbridge NE acording to Google. The only mention I could find of Toncross was something about a dollhouse fireplace...toncross sturbridge being sold on ebay. it's on the UK, Australian and French versions, but I can't find it on the pages without clicking and reading every one.

Thanks Grazhina, that's where I got stuck, too. I did try reading/searching through some of the pages, but couldn't find anything. I think it was too long ago to still show up in ebay searches. Weird. But, thanks for looking!

Corwin, there is one pic in the ad. I don't want to post the link here, since this isn't the ebay/craigslist thread, but it is in DC (or McLean, VA) under doll house furniture. I also don't want to bother the seller, since it is well out of my current price range right now.

Here is the pic from the ad -

post-1680-1239744392_thumb.jpg

Some of it looks nice but , if the price is to high, I wouldn't bother unless you can talk them into just the furniture. Maybe its like Sonya messer? Started hand making furniture then mass producing?

They are asking $65 for the set, which isn't bad for 9 pieces. But, the furniture doesn't really do it for me either, and I am not going to be in buying mode for a little while. Unless it's something too good to pass up! :)

There are lots of dollhouses and things for sale around VA right now on Craigslist, but I must have too much stuff, because I'm finding that even the bargains don't tempt me right now.

Has anyone else noticed lately that people seem to think that they have treasure in their garages? The prices on some Craigslist stuff have been ridiculous lately! I have seen so many ads where people are asking way more than retail for their old/used stuff!

There is one woman who keeps listing her mom's collection for sale. I went to look at it over a year ago, and some pieces are nice, but it all is sticky with nicotine and smells musty and smoky. It's all just jumbled into boxes with no protection, so a lot is broken, and many of the boxes are empty or just have tissue paper and dried up glue and paint bottles in them, but they are part of the "collection". She won't name a price but just wants offers. I made a fair offer in the hundreds the first time, and she wouldn't respond. Then when she listed it again, I contacted her again. She told me that an "estate expert" had told her that she could get $30,000 for it, but she didn't feel like sorting it for him, so she wanted to know what I would offer again. That was months ago, and it's listed again. Guess she passed up the opportunity for the $30,000! Oh well, maybe she'll find someone, but I know better than to waste any more of my time.

If you're willing to pay that for something you could probably do as good a job on making from US$10 worth of basswood...

Nope, I'm not willing. But, if you factor in materials + someone else's time, energy and expertise to make the pieces, then it's not a bad deal. I'm with you though. For these pieces, I would be happier making them myself. The style is def. something I think I could handle.

Is it toncross or towncross? I thought I had heard of towncross before. I don't think it is anything special. I saw a whole bunch of dollarstore furniture on craigslist that was advertised as 'rare'.

The ad said Toncross, but maybe I'll google Towncross later. Thanks Deana.

• 13 years later...