Just saying 'Hello' ~ Boxoftrix

:unsure: Hi I'm new to this group today and just wanted to check~in at the begining. I have been interested in all things small for some time, but only did a house build for the first time 4 years ago for my daughter. A Dura craft 'San Franciscan'. Since then I have been hooked and I have made and sold a good variety of miniature items through my website & Ebay ranging from food to embroidered pictures which is my concentration at the moment.

You can view my work at:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=3508373&

I now Have just been given a Greenleaf 'Storybook Cottage' kit. and hope to start it soon.

:unsure: Lovely to have someone else from Scotland joining... your little miniatures are just lovely, I shall certainly watch out for you on ebay. Isn't this forum a great idea....

Mariaskid

Welcome Boxoftrix!! You have Fabulous items! Your pictures are divine!! The storybook cottage is so versitile too. II can't wait to see what you do with it.

Margaret, you are just as talented! I don't think I need to tell you how much I LOVE your dolls B) :unsure: I can't wait to see what else you have ready to share with the mini world! :o

Wow what a welcome! thanks to all of you :unsure:) Nutti, calamari, havanaholly, Ann, judithfa, lp cullen and my mini shop, mariaskid it's so kind of you all to say such nice things about my work.

I noticed that you were from Scotland too mariaskid. I used to live in the Scottish borders also (kelso) I moved to Fife 8 years ago. My ebay seller link is:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrpp...Zboxoftrixminis

my mini shop, I cant wait to start the storybook cottage, but its finding the space to put it! lol and my pictures are keeping me so busy at the moment. I have a little bodo hennig sewing machine and I want to use it in a sewing room or shop scene in the main room with a small living area above for the busy inhabitant. I think also it will give me a chance to display a lot of my handmade sewing related items and pictures, quilts etc. My main aim is really to make everything and use things I have made and not sold, it seems a shame to have them all in boxes. Also I know that although my daughter is just 13 she will take her house with her one day and will need my own to ponder over B))

Oh I forgot...the link to her house is on a different picturetrail site, I keep meaning to copy it accross... here it is with a picture of me and also another project , a potting shed my partner and I did in a watering can...that was great fun!

hope you can have a look when you got time.

http://www.picturetrail.com/myminiwork

gosh that was a long posting!

Have a great mini day all of you :o

Yvonne

Yvonne, your work is great! I can hardly wait to see what you do with the Storybook cottage kit! I have a friend in the Uk who lives on the border, near the roman wall...I have always wanted to visit Scotland....I love scottish history.

Welcome again!

• 3 weeks later...

Gosh its taken me so long to get back hear and taking me even longer to find my way around. Thanks for all the nice comments about my embroidery work and please forgive my slow responseI will get there eventually!!! lol

Yvonne :o

Hi Yvonne I live quite near the borders but over in the south west.... near Kirkcudbright, its a wee forgotten part of Scotland, but with a wonderfully slow rural lifestyle.

I loved your 24th scale roombox... At present I have started a roombox myself, its a 1/12th and so far I have just put in a false wall at the back with a door and window.... I painted a backdrop with a garden and hills... and plan to put a battery powered striplight in the back... between the false wall and the back... if you know what I mean. I am hoping that this will look like a bright sunny day with the light spilling in through the window and the open door... well thats the theory anyway - you know how well everything works out when iits still in your head. I particularly liked the bit of decorative braid you put around the front of your box... and you have glass ... I am planning a glass front but as yet haven't quite got to grips with it..

I am now off to have a look at more of your pictures.

I haven't been on ebay for a wee while... its all just tooooo tempting, but I feel myself needing an 'ebay' fix... Were you at the Miniatura in Glasgow earlier in the month?

Margaret

Hi Margaret, your scene sounds lovely! The glasS in my box was already there...I cheated, I bought it like that ( from IKEA) :o

I didnt make the show through in Glasgow, It's a same I missed it as we dont have many in Scotland and very few shops. was it a good show?

Yvonne