Miniature Lighthouse enters production phase

miniaturelighthouse_thumb.jpg I know it’s been a while since my original post about our Dollhouse Lighthouse project, but I’m happy to announce that the long wait is almost over!  As you can see, there are significant changes from the original prototype, largely due to a new manufacturing process at Greenleaf … Laser Cutting.  Using a laser cutter, we are now able to add new design features that were impossible to obtain through die cutting.  Additionally, you will spend less time in assembling your kit as many parts require no stripping and require minimal sanding. 

The Miniature Lighthouse will be available this month for sale exclusively at the Greenleaf Company Store with an expected retail of under $100!  I’m still working on the name, so if you have any suggestions, please post them below!

ShareThis

View the full article at Dolllhouse-Kits.com

love that laser cutting means little or no sanding but im not gonna lie...i liked the prototype better.

Is this greenleaf or corona?

could be called: Captain Corona's Lighthouse, or LOOK OUT FOR THESE ROCKS! nah just kidding about that last name. :giggle:

It's wonderful!!! I'm so excited about the laser cutter! This is going to open all kinds of new potential for houses! That price is pretty awesome too.

I’m still working on the name, so if you have any suggestions, please post them below!

I kinda like Beacon Hill but I think I've seen that one in use somewhere else. :giggle:

I like Holly's idea of The Sentinel. I'm not good at naming things but I'll try a few:

Harbor House

Cape Schenevus Lighthouse

Greenleaf Bay Lighthouse

I'll keep thinking and see what else comes to mind.

Deb

[love that laser cutting means little or no sanding but im not gonna lie...i liked the prototype better.]

Me too! I really liked the base and the rounded windows and door of the prototype. Now I wonder if this one will go as well with the cottage as the first design did?

Me too! I really liked the base and the rounded windows and door of the prototype. Now I wonder if this one will go as well with the cottage as the first design did?

There will be a base available for this version as well Wendy. I planned on offering it as an upgrade. I'll have pictures available next week. As far as it complimenting the Vineyard Cottage, I'll be honest; I just grabbed that house to demonstrate the size of the lighthouse. I guess I was just lucky that they went well together!

I really really like the looks of the new lighthouse! I am falling in love with laser cut furniture kits, and was wondering who would be the first to try it in a full-sized (1:12) dollhouse! I'll start saving my money now for one of these babies! :giggle:

Yeppie!!! Now We can talk about it with everyone!! Dean has changed a lot of this lighthouse design for authenticity purposes and I promise you, you all will love the new base design too!! The final design idea is PERFECT with this lighthouse!! To help keep it affordable for all, I really appreciated the fact that they are offering the base as an upgrade. It is something a person can add on later if they decide they want to or, if the person did not want it originally they don't have to spend extra because it is offered by itself.

Dean, it's a WONDERFUL item and I can not wait to get my hands on one :giggle: I am totally in love with that door and the railings at the top of this one too.

Deb, I love the name "Greenleaf Bay Lighthouse"

I was thinking:

"Greenleaf Harbor" or "Captain Dean's Lighthouse"

I've been researching lighthouses for awhile in anticipation of this great event and the final design is *definitely* better. The railings are more authentic and so are the windows, especially if you're going to add a light inside. In fact, I showed it to a friend who is from Maine and is an historical expert on lighthouses and he said it was right on the money. I'm thinking of the Adams as the lightkeepers house, or even the Primrose.

The base upgrade just rocks! Everyone is going to have a different way of staging the lighthouse and as Tracy said, not having to bear the expense of the base in every kit keeps it more affordable. Once again, Dean is looking after us!!!

The wheels are turning in my mind now. Wouldn't it be fabulous as a haunted lighthouse?

Dean, this is awesome! From the bottom of my heart, thank you *SO* much for making such a great kit for the miniature world. We asked for a lighthouse and, as always, you came thru for us! I know it's not easy to develop a new design and put it into production.........and then you brought in a laser cutter to make it even better for us. To you and to everyone who has worked so hard at Greenleaf to bring us the things we ask for, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Deb

Now that is exciting to hear, Dean. Thank you for letting us know we can get the base as well. I've never built anything that has been laser cut so I'm really looking forward to working on this.

Thanks once again for everything you do for us.

This baby is gonna be so much fun to put together! The laser kit furniture I've built were so easy..I see this as a relatively quick build, and then I can have fun with the interior! I've already got some ideas floating around, and my husband is really excited, too. I'm looking forward to seeing the base, and how that will go with it... :yes:

Lloyd is licking his chops. :wave:

I like the Greenleaf Harbor suggestion. Lighthouses are usually named for their location rather than individuals. A harbor, to me, connotes a safe, secure place to be in a storm. So Greenleaf Harbor Lighthouse tells me what it is and how it will make me feel. It says it all. :wave:

Is that the beacon lens from Cir-Kit Concepts I see in the photo?

Love the new look. It was the base that was throwing me too. I really liked the base on the prototype but knowing it will be available....I think it is awesome they will be offering it as an upgrade. Oh I can't wait....yes I can I have so many projects going right now...sigh...no, I can't wait...yes I can...no I can't...no matter how many projects I have going or how many kits I have in their boxes I will still be getting...at least one...maybe two....nope I'm not addicted...okay so I am but I'm loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived