Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

The storm has hit so hard we aren't going ANYWHERE today! I'll do my exercises before lunch and let that be it. There are flash flood warnings & watches in effect for the entire area from Baldwin County, AL, to Escambia County, AL & East to Bay County, FL!

Oh, Holly - what a shame!! Still, perhaps you are the sort who (like me) enjoys a good show .. a good storm. :D Of course, I have fingers and toes crossed that there will be NO flash floods!

After taking my son to various potential job opportunities, we ended up walking around a grocery store for ages while he pondered which fruits and veggies (and other foods) he wanted. I am done in - that has to count as my walk for today.

Pray for me and Donna today.

Ana has started to quit smoking yesterday. She is a witch even when she does smoke (ROFL) so you can just imagine how she is when she does not. And she is going cold turkey! She is not my close friend. I do not talk to her everyday but we are polite. Her son and Nat were born 2 months apart and we have pics of them together at that age. So we know each other well, but her attitude rubs me the wrong way sometimes..so I keep it casual.

She has decided..begrudgingly..that she is going to the gym with us tonite. I am NOT driving her. If they want to carpool, they can do it for themselves cause I do not want to deal with that mess..LOL

I have all my stuff ready. I have to meet them at 6:30pm.

Good luck at the gym, Heidi!

Rosalind, I'm sure that you have done enough walking for today just walking around the store with your son. You walked, that's the main thing, not where or how much. Keep it up!

Holly, please take care and stay safe and dry!

No flash floods where we are! It was a real problem where we were two weeks ago, with all the rivers & creeks full & overflowing their banks. The watches expire in another 45 minutes.

Ok I'm adding me to the group. I did 40 sit ups today and some stretches. I have wanted to start working out again for a while but DH kept sabotaging me. He is working out and walking with some people at work so hopefully I can keep going this time.

We went to the gym. We showed up at 6:30pm and it was really busy. As it got closer to 7pm it started to thin out. We figured that is when we will go from now on.

Some of the machines were self explanatory but some of them...??? :groucho: So all three of us signed up for our complimentary training session. I want to do it because I want them to tell me how the machines work so I do not look like an idiot..LOL

They do weight, fat analysis, show you the machines, tell you what you should do for your own specific goals, etc. I will make it plain and clear that I cannot do any twisting, bending, lifting, etc. Just the legs for now. I do not want to hurt myself.

Then Ana decides to tell us that she will be going in the afternoons by herself. I am okay with that but Donna was not. Personally, I want to go in the mornings when my energy is at it`s peak. But I will go with Donna for awhile until she is not so *deer in headlights* looking when she is in there. I, personally, do not care what others think. I am there to get fit so I do not pay attention to anyone else. I think Donna has a problem with her size and the fact that there were alot of skinny minis and buff dudes in there..LOL

I said they can be like your goal. Instead of a picture on your fridge, you can look at them as your inspiration.

30 mins really wasnt enough for me. I did 10 mins on bike, 10 mins on tread mill, and 10 mins on elliptical.

I am going to go again this morning. Going to shoot for doing it everyday except the weekends.

Way to go, Heidi! Just remember to be careful and take it easy at first.

I went for my morning walk to the bus stop and beyond again today. Didn't walk as far as the last few days as the muscles in my thighs started to protest and I feel very tired, but I did go a bit more than just around the block.

Sidetrack:

The uncertainty about what DH should do now that his mother is much closer to dying (but still possibly 1-2 months off) is getting to be emotionally draining for both of us, but especially him. I try to be there for him, but he really doesn't know what he feels, so I am not much help. I guess only time will tell what will happen.... :groucho: :rofl:

Liza, just being there with him must comfort and support him. What an emotional time for you all - I hope the next couple of months will give you all time to come to terms with the situation ... if there are "fences to mend" at least there is time for that to happen. (I just thought from your comment about your DH - not knowing how he feels - led me to think that there may be hurt feelings involved.)

Your daily exercise is a good way to recharge your batteries, and think things through while quietly enjoying your walk.

Heidi, it sounds like you're going to do really well at the gym ... Ana's decision to go on her own has worked out perfectly for you! :rofl: I have a question - what is an elliptical? I hear them mentioned all the time, but I'm not crystal clear on what they are, or what they do for us. :groucho: (Now you all know that I haven't been to a gym since highschool.)

It's a cold, grey day today - I took a walk - but didn't enjoy it much. I can't wait for Summer!

Liza, just being there with him must comfort and support him. What an emotional time for you all - I hope the next couple of months will give you all time to come to terms with the situation ... if there are "fences to mend" at least there is time for that to happen. (I just thought from your comment about your DH - not knowing how he feels - led me to think that there may be hurt feelings involved.)

Your daily exercise is a good way to recharge your batteries, and think things through while quietly enjoying your walk.

It's a cold, grey day today - I took a walk - but didn't enjoy it much. I can't wait for Summer!

Rosalind,

As far as I know, there are no fences to mend, DH just doesn't know how to feel about the fact that his mother is dying. He seems to be void of emotion or numb, and thinks he should be sad, when he gets mad at his sisters instead. Hard for him to deal with strong emotions like this.

I hope that you get sunnier days for your walk soon! We have been having sunny mornings but a little nippy still with the temperature generally around the freezing mark. Tyipical Canadian winter/spring weather, either sunny and cool/cold, or overcast and warmer!

And, by the way, I haven't been to a gym since before high school (don't even think my grade schools had gyms!) except to watch my kids play sports!

Heidi, once you get strong enough to work your upper body, too, alternate days between upper body & lower body exercises. Once you get you routine up to 30-45 minutes if your gym has a steam room or sauna that's a lovely way to finish after your coold-down exercises, and then a lovely shower before you go home. Back when I had a gym membership I used to do a 2-hour workout that included swimming laps in the pool on "upper body" days.

Once you start looking more like the "skiiny minis" you'll find working out can become addictive!lol

A nap is a great cure for muscle fatigue! My exercise for today will consist of running back & forth to the travel trailer & up & down the steps bringing in things and washing & drying clothes, running up & down stairs in the house to put them all away, and then back out to the camper to give it a clean before our Friday trip!

did the weight bench again this morning. i think it took me about 45 minutes. Im really feeling it now but its not painful like it was the first time. i think it was just because i hadnt been doing it for such a long time before i started again. tomorrow im gonna use the wii fit to get in some aerobic. and im gonna try to stick to this schedule. weight bench mon,wed, fri and wii fit or the park for aerobic tues, thurs, sat, and sun.

Donna and I are going today at 3:30 pm instead of in the evening. Better for me energy wise and better for her so she can go there straight after work.

I am going to find out today about doing an upgrade. They have a black card status that is $20 a month instead of the $10. They have other things you can do but the main reason is because I can take Nat with me. I am shooting on doing this when school lets out. She can come with me in the mornings during summer break and get into shape.

She is excited about this.

Good to hear she wants to go! Always better than dragging them anywhere.

Didn't work out yesterday. No excuses just didn't do it. Did 40 sit ups today and some stretches. I want to break out the wii fit . I got tired of fighting the kids off while I used it so I gave up. I'll just have to find something else for them to do. They will not win! lol Had to fight off the dog to do sit ups last time. Apparently I was on the floor so he thought I HAD to play. Not easy to do sit ups with a dog in your lap. He got tired of me and left thankfully.

I have told myself that this is not about weight loss it's about getting in better shape. I get discouraged when I don't lose and stop. So I am hoping this will go better, not even getting on the scale. When my clothes start to fit looser I will know I'm getting there.

Exercise is NOT about weight loss! You will lose FAT and you will gain muscle mass, which weighs more than fat. What you will do with exercise is to build stamina and improve your cardiovascular health and flush out the toxins anf fat from your body. DO increase your water intake to 2-3 liters per day (please, just plain water; you really don't need the extra salts & carbs in "flavored" water) to keep well-hydrated and help with the flushing process.

Not going today after all. We are both punking out so they minus each other out. I am really tired today and she has her visitor. So we will go tomorrow instead.

Holly, you are right. You will build muscle mass under your fat so you have to cut the food intake anyway. Drink lots of water!!!