Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

Good for you, Grazhina! :) Sounds like you really enjoy working out with the Wii.

DH got the Wii fit for Christmas, and we have been doing it every day ... he likes it, but then he's a computer guy. He likes computer games. I really DON'T like computer games. I prefer walking in the real world - but seeing as it's Arctic weather outside, I'm growing used to the virtual world! I do have fun with the cycling.

Jogging? Ain't goin' to happen - real or virtual! :lol:

Sure feels like I just got some exercise! I decided to do some more work on my Buttercup, which I had neglected for over a month while doing other mini stuff. Needless to say, my mini stuff was in various different places, so any time I needed anything, it was upstairs to get it, back to the basement, oops - need this too, upstairs, back to the basement, etc. I must have gone up and down the stairs about 10 times and now I am tired!

I have avoided colds so far, lucky me, cause DS had one for much of his Xmas vacation.

I explored some more Wii fit + yesterday, unlocked some more kitties running, I enjoyed running over the roof tops. I also did the cycling twice. The first time I must have made some kind of mistake, because it didn't count the time. I spent over 3o minutes pedaling all over looking for those 22 flags. I only found 21 that time. I say again, it's addictive.

Also tried the rolly thing, I forget what it's called, something like a segway? I kept running into moles. Next time I have to remember to run first, cycle and other stuff later, the cycling bother my hip after a while. I get pooped out and don't burn enough cals.

I wonder how long this will last? I usually manage to keep at a routine for a week or two, then life butts in again and again, and the next thing I know is that I haven't done anything for 3-4 weeks.

Hi!! *waving*

I am back!

I wanted to tell you about my first day back to the gym on Friday. It was super busy. Fred remarked that there are never this many people here at 10am. I told him these are the New Years Resolution people. They will be here for a month or two. Some will stay..most will go.

I walked on treadmill for 22 mins at 1.9mph then 1.5 mph and then sadly 1 mph. The nerves in my right leg were acting up towards the end so I did not make it to 25 mins.

Going to go again today. I have my morning coffee and Fred will wake up in a couple hours. I will try for 25 mins again today.

Only every other day for this week and maybe next week. I have to see how I feel. I am supposed to raise the length of time in each session. I was thinking of doing the mall today instead of the gym. That would vary my surroundings a bit..plus I could see who is having a clearance sale..I have 3 birthdays to shop for! LOL

I got the wii fit plus for Christmas and it is reallyaddicting. I didn't know about unlocking cats or running on rooftops. I guess I'm not doing it right, but I am trying lots of the other games. There's so many things to try. I don't do so well on the balance games, I'm clumbsy. But it is a great way to get inspired to exercise.

We went to the gym instead. I walked for 25 mins this time. No bad pain like the last time. I feel bad. I have gained more weight then I thought. My digital scale is WRONG!

The gym was very busy again. Nothing like fighting to keep your spot. This woman left the treadmill cause nature called..this guy jumped on. I told him she was coming right back..He did not care. He continued to walk.

DH loves the Wii. I went on it yesterday - it had been a week since I was last on (that stupid cough and cold). I gained two pounds! :giggle: How dreadful! (Especially since I haven't lost the Christmas and New Year's extra weight yet.)

Heidi, I found your remark about "the New Year's Resolution people" hilarious - I envisioned this cult of Resolutioners taking over gyms, picketing outside restaurants, knocking on people's front doors with calorie counters in hand, etc. :p

I have a question, Heidi - what do you do when you walk in the Mall? Do you change into sneakers and carry your boots with you? I hate walking any great distance in my boots!

shy,

The mall opens before it opens everday. They open the doors for the Mall walkers. Everyone just comes in wearing their exercise gear. They walk very close to the walls, doing a perimeter walk of the lower level. I forget how many times you have to walk it for it to be considered a mile.

As for the resolutionists..i hear that they are invading gyms everywhere. Nothing against wanting to do better by yourself but do they all have to come at 10am?? ROFL

Some malls do it here ... I don't know if the one in our town does that. I should find out. In this Deep Freeze, you have to wear full cover outside - boots, heavy socks, winter coat, a scarf (or two), hat and gloves. Even to walk from the car to the mall doors. I wonder what the mall walkers do with it all? I really must find out!

Although, I think I'd be too shy to join in with a lot of "walkers" anyway. :)

We went by the mall to pick up more Pepper Skins (wow, were they ever picked over!) andcheck out their BOGOs on their clearance items (I found two hoodies) and I noticed a couple and another gentleman doing the circuit. The stores are heated, but the mall itself isn't as warm as the stores, and these folks were wearing their windbreakers & sweaters; but it doesn't get as cold here as it does in Canada (all my poor hydrangeas are frost-burnt!).

Went to the gym with Fred this morning. No pain at all. I was able to walk for 30 mins at 2.8 mph with a grade of 3 on the treadmill. No pain now either. I told Fred that I thought having that back, hip, and leg pain was normal for after going to the gym..I guess not..LOL

Oh! I am able to walk without holding on! I guess my balance issues were all because of my back! WooHoo!

Fred and I walked over a mile today outside. There was a chill in the air but it was good. I had to push it a few times because of inclines but it was good. I took a nice nap later on in the day though..LOL I am not used to that!

Going to go to the gym tomorrow and walk the tread mill. I think for awhile I will do that. One day on treadmill and one day outside. So I can build up to doing outside everyday.

It is going to take a long time to see real results. It took a long time to put it on..it will take that long to lose it.

I read about this website and thought I would share.

Livestrong.com

What is really cool is the Daily Plate feature. You plug in what you ate during the day, then you plug in what exercise you did today and it will show you if you are staying on your goal.

I need to change out of my PJs and take my walk this morning.

Gotta kick some hubby in the booty today. We did not go out yesterday to the gym or for the mile walk. I still cannot do it by myself plus we like the moral support.

I have been making sure I eat some sort of breakfast every morning now. In a pinch, I can have a Chobani greek yogurt. I sprinkle a tablespoon of granola in there and it is good. Lately I have been eating Cheerios and soy milk. I get more to eat with the same amount of calories.

They talk about Greek yoghurt on that "Livestrong" site you mentioned. Is Balkan yoghurt the same thing, do you know? (I checked out the site, but it's not for me, so I don't want to ask there.)

Here is an article with comparisons on different Greek yogurts.

It says that Chobani is more for slightly intimidated beginners..LOL I could go to the local ethnic market and get the real deal if I wanted to. I just like Chobani because 1. No one else in the house likes it so it is all mine..heheh 2. I like the unusual flavors like honey or pomegranate.

Fred and I walked 2 miles this morning. I was whining badly towards to end. I conquered a very very big hill! I think we are going to do the hill every day. I need to buy a sports bra and some exercise clothes.

Who would have ever heard ME say she needed exercise clothes?

I am going to recover now and take Natalie to the gym later after school.