Fabric as Wallpaper?

Nina and Grunt

4 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Wow...blast from the past. Just for the record, I’m cringing at my advice to put fabric up with modpodge. It doesn’t age well.  One of these days I need to go through my beacon hill and replace all of the fabric I slathered with modpodge. Live and learn.

Sorry to hear, Karin. When I use cotton cloth for wallpaper, I glue it in place with liquid laundry starch. 

6 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Wow...blast from the past. Just for the record, I’m cringing at my advice to put fabric up with modpodge. It doesn’t age well.  One of these days I need to go through my beacon hill and replace all of the fabric I slathered with modpodge. Live and learn.

I never use Mod Podge as I have had fine fluff stick to all the things I painted with it. Terrible stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

I never use Mod Podge as I have had fine fluff stick to all the things I painted with it. Terrible stuff.

I have the same experience. I recall my dad used to use Modge Podge for decoupage and similar items back in the day,** some of which I still have. They all sealed up nicely with hard surfaces, not sticky. When I've used it, the surface never seems to seal but remains slightly tacky. Why do you suppose that is? Maybe a formula change?

**60 years ago or so :D