*waves* *jumps in*

shershe

My name is Sherri. I'm getting ready to purchase my first dollhouse kit. I just have to hurry up and make up my mind, which is not an easy thing for me. I'm terrible at making decisions. I am 90% sure I will be getting the Real Good Toys Contemporary Ranch. I was hoping I could find room dimensions somewhere on the web before I actually took the plunge, but not having much luck. My other choice was the RGT Vermont Farmhouse. It seems like it would offer more space for furniture and I liked that it was front opening, so it could be closed when I'm not playing. However, the ranch is calling me. It's the skylights and open, modern layout.

Up until now, I've played with my miniatures using a homemade room box type set up and laura ashley dollhouse rooms. I'm excited to finally be getting a real house. I love dolls, which is what got me into miniatures and dollhouses.

I am anxious to read through more posts and hope to learn a lot from everyone here.

Hi Sherri! Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone will be able to help you with the measurements, very helpful group. Let us know what you decide. I did a quick search in the gallery and couldn't find the ranch but I may have missed something, am still learning how to find things on the site.

Julie

Welcome to the little family, Sherri. I have a front-opening Cheltenham kit in the pile to be built. We have a thread (or more) going somewhere about front-opening houses.

The hobby of minis is quite addictive, and unless you're unusually self-controlled you'll end up building more than one house, because I guarantee your dolls won't all want to live in one house.

We have several dollmakers on the Forum who can help you out with adding to your own little families, or you can do what I have to do when I start to build a house and make the little people it wants to have live in it yourself.

Hi and welcome! Everyone is really helpful here - try asking your question again in the dollhouse section (if you haven't already - some people don't check the new intros) - there's almost always someone who can help!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

New Day ~ I did post a question to RGT using their web site form. But, thank you for the phone number. I called and the girl knew who I was, said she had rec'd the question and forwarded it on to a production manager. She said that they normally do not have room dimensions for houses though.