Painting Chrysnbon

Margaret

I have found an easy way to paint my Chrysnbon and don't have to wash brushes.I have a package of dollar store eyeshadow applicators.I dip them in warm water and then in the paint/stain and paint away.When I'm done ,just throw the applicator away.I recently received some Chrysnbon pieces and thought this idea up.

The dollar stores usually sell packages of makeup sponge wedges. They work really well for staining things. Its just a small spongy type wedge that's smooth. I've also cut them & used small pieces inside of printies when making boxes & bags (flour, etc) to help hold the shape.

Doreen

The cosmetics section is a trove is goodies for making kits of all kinds. Eye shadows of the browns and grays, great for weathering, even have their own applicator. You can buy the same thing as a weathering kit for something like 15 bucks if you really insist on spending a lot of dosh.

Like the idea of the bag of applicators too, Ill have to get some of those.

I use craft paint acryllic paint for my Chrysnbon. And Testor's on occasion when I want gloss or a special look! The paint they provide and call stain, is really nothing more than acrylic paint itself! So be creative! Live a little! Try different colors! It's fun!