Please give me your opinion!

shelbylominac

;) I have not seen either of these in person so I am wondering which one to get. They seem to be comparable in size. I wish the Joseph Angel had the entry in the front as opposed to the side but maybe it could be changed. I also think the Angel looks more like a "real" house-do you? How about the floor plans? Help! :)

post-503-1234105272_thumb.jpg

post-503-1234105310_thumb.jpg

To my knowledge, the Joseph Angel had to be purchased as a shell and then you could purchase the components. It was all hand built back in the 80's early 90's. Beautiful dollhouse. Had a huge price. You couldn't buy the plans. Perhaps they are now selling it as a kit, I don't know. That and Rosedawn Plantation would have been my house of choice - had I had the money!

Both houses are gorgeous and very impressive.

Gasp choke Muriel.....they are/were in the thousands of dollars......now if only Doug would sell this house and buy a travel trailor to live in with a huge garage for a workroom..........I might be able to swing a Joseph Angel or a Rosedawn ........ LOL

Gasp choke Muriel.....they are/were in the thousands of dollars......now if only Doug would sell this house and buy a travel trailor to live in with a huge garage for a workroom..........I might be able to swing a Joseph Angel or a Rosedawn ........ LOL

Well that sounds like a very reasonable request to Doug!

I was hoping they might not be so expensive so Shelby wouldn't have to decide between the two, but if they're thousands, then perhaps not!

I'm the rookie here, but I think the one on the left has more potential for customizing. For instance, the bay windows on the side. I would put windows in the center sections, too. And I can picture the kitchen inside that little side porch. I would love to see the inside of it. Where did you see them available, can I ask? Not that I'm in the market for a multi-thousand dollar dollhouse kit, but who knows later on?

I just went and looked at interior shots of the Joseph Angel house and I must say I prefer the layout of the queen Ann. The door being on the side going into the dining room seems a little awkward, and I love impressive foyers like the one in the queen Ann. I would love to have the problem of choosing between these two though ;) good luck

They are both really nice houses. The benefit to getting the queen anne is that it comes with all the windows, doors, trimwork for the exterior. And the other benefits are ease of shipping as the kit doesn't have to be crated up. plus you get to build it yourself which is fun. i love building houses. the JA house is so pretty but I don't know if you will have to modify window openings to accommodate windows that are available on the market. plus you would have to buy siding....well everything really. So the QA is the best route to go really especially if you are on a budget.

Another option for a similar style house is the Glencliff by Earth and Tree miniatures. They sell the shell kit for the house and you can either purchase the component kit to go with it or do your own shopping and chose your own components.

Thanks, guys! I have the opportunity to buy the Joseph Angel as a shell with all the Lawbre components included. If I got the RGT Queen Anne, I would buy just the box 1 and then have to purchase the Lawbre components separately (which would be more money than buying the Joseph Angel.) I don't like the windows and doors that come with it. I can only afford one, so I have to choose unfortunately. ;) By the way, these particular houses are not available, just used them to show potential of the shells.

I like the Queen Anne better, but I wouldn't mind having either! But if the better deal is with the Joseph Angel, then that is the way to go, if you're not really wanting to go through the building process. For me, that's the best part!

Good luck! Can't wait to see which you pick, and your progress!

Ok, i thought you were going to buy one of the ones in the photos already built. Kits, well I'd go for the cheaper one to get it looking as you want. So if you want both the same, and the JA is cheaper to get it looking how you want it, I'd go with that. :roflmao: Exciting!

Buy the Joseph Angel with the Lawbre components if price is not an object!!!!! The RGT is, well, a toy, and will not come close to looking as scale as the Angel House. Lawbre components are hard to find. The man who designed them in the 90's has died. They have glass, not plexi and are built in a way were one piece goes on from inside the house the other is attached to the outside. They are so easy to remove to redecorate! Some are cast resin and some are milled wood. If this house comes with everything you need then the Lawbre stuff was about $2,500 in 1992. I used them on a large house and remember well as I had never seen commercial components like this. Or a bill like this for that matter!

I have this house, if it is authentic it will be labeled, numbered and signed. The origional buyer had hers completly built by maker-it is #77 signed by Ciell Boyce. The number 77 means the shell, I have no idea how may completed houses they sold but I do have the paperwork and all the letters about the finishs between the buyer and builder.

Some of you already know that I have a way of stumbling onto tiny things and I paid very little for this house. The people who sold it to me just wanted to be rid of it and I bought it to breakdown for my own builds. I nearly fell over dead when I saw it and even before I know it's money value I know I would not be using it for parts. I took it home on the plane instead of luggage. My neighbor who spent 20 years teaching me everything he knew about building miniatures was still living then. He was very old but we unpacked the house together just hours after I arrived home. We marveled at every little detail. It has a working dumbwaiter and though most of the furniture was average there where a few stunning pieces. The kitchen had many old german tools and pots and there is a metal wringer washing machine (it looks homemade) and two wooden wash tubs with real slats and straps are still some of my favorites.

The actual Joseph Angel is on 14 st SE is Portland, Oregon. It is a private home but when I got the doll house the people came to see it and also let me tour their house. Unfortunatly much of the Victorian interior has be stripped during remodels in the 1960's and again in the 1980's when it was turned into apartments, but it was still a nice old home and it does have a dumbwaiter in the origional kitchen just like the dollhouse.

Thanks for the trip down my own memory lane!

• Like 2

I'm a bit biased because I have the Queen Anne. I'm no way close to finishing mine, but already I love it. I have seen the Joseph Angel up close and personal and even considered getting it because it IS a beautiful house. However, if I had to choose one or the other, I'd still take the QA.