When it rains it pours! Another Freecycle deal!

Wolfie

That is so cool! I love getting free stuff and if it's a house even better! And OMG when I read about your heritage getting smashed :roflmao: I would have Freaked!! Glad that dude is not around you or your daughter anymore. When you start ruining dollhouses than you have just gone too far.

Well I am home at last, with said LF140 under my arm! And it is intact except that it was opened and then retaped.....but it's all there. I checked against the directions which are in mint condition, and all the parts are there right down to the last shingle. It is not warped and has been kept safe and sound. I had forgotten what a cute house it really is......It's been so long since I looked at the other box, I had forgotten what a cute porch it has I think this is going to be my "Peach Rose" as it is fairly screaming that it wants to be all pretty in peach and cream. It will be easy to bash......I can see that already, as it is such a small house. I think I will just make them side by side. There will be that wonderful bay window at each end me thinks, with one entry way into a living room (one bay), and a doorway through to the other house which will then be formal kitchen and dining room with the dining room having the bay. Upstairs 4 rooms, two bedrooms, one bathroom and one extra room - perhaps a sewing room or library. . This will be a cute bungalow...... I do hate those stairs, but I have an extra staircase from houseworks that will work on this little house, and will be putting it somewhere, as I have not determined where yet. Yep, this will be a cute build, and it can be electrified quite nicely! There is a "basement" of sorts..... where the wiring stuff can be hidden, and would lend itself well to enhancement. The reason I see it side to side, is that one wall has no windows so that can be the center wall and I will be cutting a doorway through to the other house. the older house I have will be the living room/hall.......I'll be removing the partition altogether and just making two columns to hold the second floor up! LOL . We shall see. This thus opens up that room to a full living room...and I think leaving the staircase right where it should be.......which gives a larger living room............. then you go through the door into the kitchen and through an archway into the formal dining room with the other bay window.

What do you think of that plan which will be on hold for a while! Looking at it I want to start buiding, but I'm waiting for the Vineyard right now.....sigh......

We stopped at the closed up post office today and there was nothing, because they no longer work there on Saturdays.....so will see tomorrow......

If it were me I wonder if you could build one the mirror image of the other, so that both your blank walls face each other, and then bash them so that the blank walls become the foyer (you can cut room doorways)?