When it rains it pours! Another Freecycle deal!

Wolfie

A lady who owns a motel in Missoula heard about me from another person and called me today and offered me a Duracraft LaFayette in the box! Never opened. Still wrapped in plastic! She asks me "Would you like to have the dollhouse?" Well my tongue clove to the roof of my mouth, and I could hardly stammer our "yyyyyyeeeeeeesssssss pleaz!" Well as luck would have it our friends from Missoula are coming out on a surprize visit tomorrow so I called them and they are going to pick it up from me from the motel!!!! And carry it carefully here. Well nothing like this has happened since last year when I met the wonderful Krista and her fabulous box of dollhouse furniture! Of course I did get a new tv with a built in VCR for watching Viggo and also a 5 CD changer thing which I absolutely love because I can get 5 CD's of LOTR music on and it plays for hours which about kills Doug as he hates the music! LOL

Well this is a surprise to old Wolfie tonight! And to think that when she called I was making a pair of curtains.......for a different dollhouse, one that is not even here yet....hmmmmm I have a half finished LaFayette, perhaps I'll bash them together! I've even forgotten what it looks like! I have to go look! Bye!

Thank you thank you and to think I almost didn't answer the phone! LOL It will be here tomorrow at 1 as we are meeting friends for lunch, and they are picking it up in Missoula for me and bringing it to Seeley! How cool is that! It's a cute little house that is for sure! I love the windows, sort of like bump outs...and I can see window seats with books and a pair of glasses already! LOL What fun! Now let's see, I'm really jazzed! I'm gonna be busier than a one-armed paper hanger for a while!

Yes, never been opened! That means that everything is in there! Kool! I have one in the basement, maybe I can bash them together into one house. What do you think about that? Any suggestions as to where to bash? Ilove those bump out windows, so don't want to ruin that wall!

I'm open to suggestions!

Al the Duracraft cottages are highly bashable! So much extra trim and wall pieces, that I found that I ended up with enough bits to build another house, or a least a room addition for ever 4-5 houses I built.

I am sure tempted to buy the heritage that Christien has listed. I have put the rehab aside (actually I banished it to the storage locker) as we are not on speaking terms, but this is one little house I would build and keep...

I know that this sounds ungrateful, but I would have prefered the Heritage. I loved that little house that I had built ----- I'm still mad at that guy that broke it into a gazillion pieces by falling on it. What a klutz and he was high on drugs too. I was so glad when my daughter got rid of him. The only thing he did right was make great coffee....sigh...... But all that is in the past, I still hope for another Heritage.....

I might bash, I might bash!!!!!!

The curtains are done, and they are lovely, now I just hope they fit where they are going! Amazing what glue and a needle and thread can do! LOL

Well I have to go into the dark cold basement and check on the other one....I know I had started the front. I also had partially wallpapered a room in there.....so will see where I left off to seeif I can bash it with the other one. That would make a cute little house with 4 solid rooms I think.

Then it's off to lunch at our local chicken coop with two of the best friends Doug and I have ever had. These people are native Montanans which is a wonderful title - we've been here 11 years now and only just recently have we been "accepted." As long as we don't mention that we lived in California we are "OK", but Californians are not welcome here. Why? Because they usually come here and buy a home, and the first winter here they normally go running back to California or some other more southern state. Our winters can be brutal! But it's the folks who come from the northwest and northeast that survive best here.....and since I'm from Maine and Doug is originally from Illinois - we are OK now after 10 years. Now they know that we are staying. I've even been offered a job at the BLECH market here in town! And they call me Gina at the post office! So we have finally been accepted. Got off on a tangent, sorry.

Anyway we are meeting our friends at 1 and will receive the house then! I'm psyched! The lady who called me says that it's a little dusty from being in the attic for so long, but in "perfect shape!" We will accept it graciously. She and I had a long talk on the phone, and she says she knows another lady who might be willing to part with a fully built dollhouse - she only can say that it's "big." She doesn't know what brand or model or anything. But I'm not going to count my chickens as she added "I don't know if she will part with it, it's been in her house for years. Her husband built it for her." Little did she know that me on the other end of the wire was salivating! LOL Have to keep my cool! Have to keep my cool!