Saying good bye to Poo

paige224

I had to put Kitty Poo to sleep yesterday. She had severe skin infections that after 3 months no longer responded to medication. She was 13 years old. She will be missed. I feel better about the whole situation today, as I didn't notice how much time I spent worrying about her. Now I know the suffering is over. And I can move on. RIP POO!!

I'm so sorry about your furry baby. Sometimes it's a relief to let them go. You know they aren't suffering any longer and you no longer have tough choices about what to do for treatment (or withholding treatment).

My sympathies, but we all understand that you have to do what you have to do to help your furbabies and relieve their sufferings. She will be waiting on the bridge for you later on, and in the meantime has many new friends to play with.

Susan, I'm so sorry you had to make that difficult decision, but having had to make it for our Beautiful Melody last November, I understand. Our vet did a most wonderful thing without our knowing anything about it and made a generous donation in Mellie's name to our vet's alma mater veterinary school! Perhaps you vet will do something similar for Poo.

So sorry to hear about Poo, but encouraged by the fact that you are starting to feel better now that you do not have to worry as much. I know that putting an animal down is always difficult - we had to do it to one of our cats many years ago because of an intestinal problem that could not be fixed. The cat was constantly in pain and the vet bills were costing us more than our mortgage every month towards the end. But, in my heart, I know that is was the best thing to do for him.

Continue to feel better and know that you did the right thing!

:p