My new collector passion

ilovecats

I have thought about getting a blythe doll for a couple of years now. I only saw one photo a couple of years ago and i loved the big eyes and large head. So I filed it away in my head that someday I would get one. I haven't checked into the world of blythe at all...until Arda started posting her adorable dolls and clothing on the forum. I am now hooked. I've been missing out!!!! I spend hours looking at the different dolls and clothing and shoes etc.

There are soooooo many cute items of clothing and ways you can custom the doll...just like with our world of dollhouses....

I know she isn't a mini...but there is a mini version of the doll that I believe would work in the dollhouse world. She's more Barbie scale...i think the mini version might be about half her size.

I'm not creative about making stories but I enjoy reading the stories. So when i start collecting i'll add photos to my blog but no creative fun times or strange adventures for any of them...lol.

I haven't purchased a doll yet but I hope to very soon! I know this isn't really mini related but wanted to post it under this forum and threw in a few mini related words so that hopefully this thread will stay in the general mini forum...lol...if not, that is okay.

I have so many cute ideas for clothing. i know it seems silly for a 41 year old to want more dolls and to find outfits to dress them...but there you have it. i'm a 41 year old who plays with dolls. :hmm:

I was at a friend's house the other day, and was helping her organize her daughter's toys and when we reached the box of about 50 Barbie dolls and endless clothes and accessories, the organizing stopped and we changed their clothes and discussed their features for at least half an hour. There we were, to grown women with children, playing with dolls. I never could have them growing up because we were too poor to buy them, but now I can... And I am not ashamed one bit. :p

I'm 67 and I still play with dolls and dollhouses. BTW Barbies are 1:6 scale miniatures, so why not the others? I don't particularly care for bigheaded dolls, though, they remind me of really bad cases of hydrocephaly.

As for the stories, Marg, if the dolls & houses don't tell you their stories, there you are.

Thanks for the feedback :p and the encouragement!

I do have dolls...i collect them, buy them clothes and have patterns to make clothes...i have barbies, Tonner dolls, 1/12th scale dolls.

The Blythe is a doll i will actually play with...haha. changing her hairstyle, her clothing, taking her places for photo shoots.

You'll love Blythe, she is totally addictive and so much fun. I have maybe 25 - don't really know as I don't count them. She is an expensive habit unfortunately! Good luck. Do you know which one you'll get first??

Cool! Oooo, you have quite a collection! She is pricey but I told myself last night to not get wound up in that...why wouldn't i pay the price for her, i pay that much for my Tonner dolls. I will shop around and find the best prices, like I do for my Tonners. I don't have to have a massive collection...that is why it's so cool that there are wigs available.

Not sure which one i will get first...i'm sure i'll end up getting a few of them at the same time. Some of the girls on my list are: frosty frock, friendly freckles, cousin olivia, ashlette, can can cat, aubrey, saffy and veronica lace. I have seen some pretty customs as well. Do you have photos of your girls?

I TOTALLY understand obsessions and addictions. I had the same story for the 8 inch Betsy McCall doll I wanted when I was younger.....finally got one and also an Ann Estelle too!!!!! I can't stop playing with dolls either now....the smaller the better!!!