OoooOOOo it's cold

mommymakesstuff2

It has been cold here the past couple of days and since I'm home to do the prep work yesterday I made chicken and dumplings and today is chili. I know these are not so great for my waist line but it is so cold and they are so warm and filling. Plus I put them in the crock pot and then everyone can just feed themselves :p

How do you guys like your chili? I chop pork steak and add ground beef, kidney beans and pinto. Tortilla chips, sour cream and olives too. Because it's in the crock pot the pork is so tender...yum.

I wish I had peaches for cobbler, that would be great this evening with milk before bed...maybe I will stop at the store when I pick my "Pogi" up from school (my son, it's his nickname "cutiepie" in tagalog)

Anyway I hope you all are in warmer weather :p they say no more snow this week but who knows <_< we have snow in July out here :huh:

I have a confession to make ... my chili comes from a packet. Bear Creek Country Kitchens brand "Darn Good" Chili (that's what they call it). Seven cups of water, a can of tomato paste, and the chili mix in a pot. Twenty minutes later: darn good chili! I've taken it to gatherings in a crockpot. I didn't SAY I'd slaved over it, but I can't help it if people think I'm a heckuva good cook. <_<

The package suggests adding meat, etc., but it is such a hearty chili that we love it as is. A dollop of sour cream, a little grated cheese ... maybe oyster crackers, maybe home made bread ... yummmmmmm. And even better reheated the next day.

I have a confession to make ... my chili comes from a packet. Bear Creek Country Kitchens brand "Darn Good" Chili (that's what they call it). Seven cups of water, a can of tomato paste, and the chili mix in a pot. Twenty minutes later: darn good chili! I've taken it to gatherings in a crockpot. I didn't SAY I'd slaved over it, but I can't help it if people think I'm a heckuva good cook. <_<

The package suggests adding meat, etc., but it is such a hearty chili that we love it as is. A dollop of sour cream, a little grated cheese ... maybe oyster crackers, maybe home made bread ... yummmmmmm. And even better reheated the next day.

Hmmm I will have to look for it. I make stuff home made when I can because even our safeway is pretty limited when it comes to stock.

It's been so cold here, it was -35 below again last night upcountry from us. I have never heard of your town before so I looked it up, it's beautiful. It looks like such a a stunning part of the country. <_<

It is very small. I love it here. PBS did a special on it called "Prison town USA". They count the population of the prison as part of the whole population number. I live "uptown" there are a lot of really old houses on my street.

The downer is, is it is an 1 1/2 hr drive to target or micheal's. But, I have learned the thrill of online shopping :huh:

I love to online shop, even though I have everything I could want within a few miles of me. I guess I'm just lazy. LOL <_<

Hee hee, I just like getting packages in the mail. I like to pretend someone else is sending me gifts, at least that's what I tell my husband ha ha

My chili comes from a receipe I found on a bottle of chili sauce.....Doug loves it, and it's not so hot that I can't eat it too.

Cold? We have been hovering between 6 above and 6 below now all week! I guess that is chilly rather than chili! We are having a nice hot Egg Fo Young for dinner.....Doug will do the work and I'll watch this time....my finger still hurts! And I don't want to get blood into the eggs...LOL

Its been awfully cold here the past two weeks!

We've been delving into a lot of chili. Here is ours, it is not hot. You'd have to add things to make it spicy.

Pound of ground beef (browned and drained)

water- don't know how much to say, you boil it off if too much

two cans of dark red kidney beans

two cans of chopped tomatoes

one med. onion chopped

1/2 a green pepper chopped

one small can of tomato paste

about 30oz of V8 juice

oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, sage, parsley, cumin, chili powder (all to taste)

Basically, just cook til it's good!

I add some fritos, sour cream, and cheddar shredded cheese to mine for that extra umpf!

S

My chili comes from a receipe I found on a bottle of chili sauce.....Doug loves it, and it's not so hot that I can't eat it too.

Cold? We have been hovering between 6 above and 6 below now all week! I guess that is chilly rather than chili! We are having a nice hot Egg Fo Young for dinner.....Doug will do the work and I'll watch this time....my finger still hurts! And I don't want to get blood into the eggs...LOL

Could blood in the eggs be considered an iron supplement? ewwwwww

I brown a pound of ground turkey and add two drained cans of black beans and four cans of medium-hot Rotel tomatos when I make chili from "scratch".

For Mac & cheese I use different shapes of pasta and at least two different kinds of cheese. I also add chopped veggies, petit English peas & chunked turdey ham.

We nearly always put peas in our mac and cheese, and also cut up hot dogs (or left over ham/gamon from a roast)

I usually do a white lasagna sauce jar and mix in some cheese and chilli powder, then sprinkle cheese ontop. But Chris has gone off it a bit and prefers powder packets of cheese sauce, so gotta use those next.

Mmmm Chilli, may have to do that for supper tonight.