Ruby`s house

heidiiiii

I am going to start working on the wood floors for the interior today. I have the bedroom one all glued. Now I have to trim, sand, and decide on what color I want it to be.

I like the way the roof color turned out. It looks weathered now that it is completely dry.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no clue what I was going to do with the kitchen floor. Then I found these glass mosaic tiles at the craft store. They are not glued down yet. I think it is in keeping with the boldness of the graphic on the wall. Kitchen Floor.

I had no clue what I was going to do with the kitchen floor. Then I found these glass mosaic tiles at the craft store. They are not glued down yet. I think it is in keeping with the boldness of the graphic on the wall. Kitchen Floor.

I think that I have the same tiles! They look wonderful in the kitchen :clap: .

I am almost finished with the kitchen. I need to put up a few more trim pieces but I wanted to share. Kitchen. After that, I will finish the floor in the bedroom, add the trim pieces, stage it with the Deb Bed and then onto the next room.

Someone asked to make sure I get of picture of Ruby getting the house. I cannot guarantee that. I will ask and get permission to post it on here but like I said, no guarantees.

Yes, Deb made a bed for me.

It is a nice simple but elegant one.. Deb Bed! I let her have artistic license with the colors and it really does make a huge difference in the scheme of the room. I have a couple odds and ends that I will add.

I am not adding lots of minis to this house. Just some basic pieces so that she has something to play with. I will let them know the importance of the Deb Bed. I will also include a catalog to HBS so they can purchase things for it themselves.

Holly, she is going to be turning 5 yrs old.

The bedroom is finished. Picture of it and Deb Bed. I have to pick up some poly today so that I can do the floor in there and in the bathroom. I did the floor in the livingroom and I am going to work on the trim today.

Chris is coming on Monday so I want to get it finished. I found some white polyester fabric that is crinkly like silk. I think I will use it for the curtains in a couple of the rooms.

You're putting a Deb bed in a dh for an 8-year-old? Honey, you'd better get pictures! You'd better be named primary beneficiary in that family's Wills!

<grinning> It's a Deb Bed made for a kid to play with. It's not a complicated design and everything is glued down well enough for little hands to hold it. Heidi got the brass bed frame and she made an excellent choice of a sturdy frame.

Heidi, the whole house looks great! Ruby is going to absolutely love it!! You've done such a good job on it.

Deb

OMG! Chris is coming today at 2pm! Not tomorrow! I guess I am not making curtains. I have the trim painted for the living room. I have to glue those. I have to pack all the stuff, type up a note for the grandparents, remember to pack the mini catalog, and paint and glue down the trim for the edges of the house. Then I have to go over it with a fine tooth comb to check every area to see if it is okay.

I will get started here after my coffee. *blurring eyed*

If I get all that done by noon I will put together a nice wreath to attach. Do not worry. I will take the final pictures!

Rush Rush Rush!

Ohhh, no fun in having to rush but I know you will get the things done, just decide on where to start, ie what takes most time, is there something that needs drying etc etc, you can do it, >handing you a nice cup off :groucho: < Oh and please do take a few pics when done :thumb:

HUGS

Anna, I could float away on the amount of coffee I downed this morning. Ugh! It is 10am already. I glued down the trim. I painted some of the outside trim and that area where I am going to put the word phrase. *waiting for those to dry* Then I will add another coat. Glue down the outside trim and put the phrase down..*There`s no place like home*.

I want to make the wreath! Ugh! I will do that after all the other things are done.

I am going to put down Post-it notes on each room floor so they know which one is which. Then I will pack the things I am sending in baggies that say which room they go in. I have a big enough box to put all of these things in.

Taking a mini break while the glue dries.....

A hairdryer works perfectly in speeding up the drying process :groucho: .... I know, I know, I can be a bit impatient at times...

Sounds like you have the situation under controll Heidi, I like the sound of post it notes and bags for each room.

Hugs

All the goodies are packed. I took a pic of the living room. I want to take a pic of the finished interior before I am done. *waiting for glue to dry* and then I will put the saying on.

It is almost noon. 2 more hours to go! I think I have enough time to make the wreath!!!

Pics will follow later. They may not be today though. I am leaving at 3pm to go to bingo and wont be back until the evening.