Ruby`s house

heidiiiii

Oh Deb, If I could I would!

I am done for the day. I have to put a last coat on the gingerbread before I put it up, then I can do the windowboxes and hang them up. I have part of the porch step glued and waiting too.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly love the way this house is coming out.

I have come to the realization that when it comes to *doing a dollhouse* I get so much more pleasure doing it for someone else. I have my houses that are just for me and they sit and sit and sit.

I get a house for someone else..all for children so far..and I run with it full steam. I think of ideas over night and have to write them down. I have worked on this house almost every day since I started it. Except for when I was under the weather.

I am arranging flowers for the window boxes this morning. I have not put them in permanently yet because I want to stare at them a bit to see if I want to change anything. I am going to put two of the diamonds on the front step to match the porch floor with one lil diamond in the middle.

I am basically done with the exterior. I have to glue on the gingerbread to the sides of the house and glue the two window boxes under those side windows also.

So the time has come...Shingling!

Glue gun..check!

Glue sticks..check!

Pencil and ruler..check check!

Patience...hello? Patience Where are you?

I will do a little bit at a time since I am under the weather. I do not want to stop the momentum that has been building with this house.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to attempt to get some of the roof shingling started today. I popped a couple acet. a little while ago because this storm that is coming is making my leg hurt.

I want to finish the exterior so that I can start the wood floors in the interior this week. Ruby`s birthday is a little more then a month away and I want it to get to her grandparents house a little while before then.

Pics will follow after I have done some work...

Here is a picture of the almost completed exterior. I want to make a wreath for the front door and there will be some black lattice on the bottom section of the walls bu I will leave that till the end..just in case I do not have enough time.

Heidi, I think it is gorgeous and I love the shades of blue. It makes it look so different from the one I have upstairs it is fascinating seeing another build that started with just the same "bones" and yet come out so diffently. LOVE it!

Hugs

It is awfully cute I have to say. I am very proud of this build. I had given up on it in the beginning (before Ruby came into the picture) but it is coming out better then I envisioned.

I finished the entire front and I payed the price. I pushed myself because I was doing so well. You know when you are doing something (like shingling) and everything is falling into place? You cut the right angles, you measured correctly, the lines are straight, etc. I did not want to stop on the front and ruin the good mojo. It is gorgeous! I have never had a roof come out that well! I felt that if I stopped in the middle and came back today to finish the front, it would not be the same and it would show.

So my leg/butt hurt so bad last night...I was even entertaining taking one of the Percs but I did not want to get sick to my stomach again.

I want to do the back today.

Holly I was thinking a watered down gray for the roof. I also have the two roof caps that I have to paint also.

The roof is beautiful. I will take a pic when I am awake more.

The shingling is done! Yippee!!

I am proud of it. This is the best roof that I have done thus far. I will sit back and admire it for a bit and then start on the color.

...Holly I was thinking a watered down gray for the roof. I also have the two roof caps that I have to paint also.

The roof is beautiful...

Yes, it is, and the gray will be lovely.

I finished the roof an hour ago. I am working on the flooring for the bedroom and then I am taking a break until tomorrow. All the pain was worth it. The roof is painted with a light gray acrylic paint that was watered down.