HBS Creatin' Contest Winners

KathieB

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, congratulations Kathie !!! I am so happy that your Marie Laveau home won ! You are always such a inspiration ! I knew you would win !!! Second, I am the third winner !!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYY I have never been more honoured in my life , I almost started to cry when I got the call but tried to wait until I got off the phone lol. I am so very excited that something I have only been doing two years would be good enough for this contest. Two New Orleans themes !! how wonderful !!

I am not sure but I think I might frame the catalog I have never had anything I have done or made in a catalog or magazine or anything !! Actually, I am crying again...and smiling . Can't tell everyone how thrilled I am . Congratulations all the winners !

Brandaen

First, congratulations Kathie !!! I am so happy that your Marie Laveau home won ! You are always such a inspiration ! I knew you would win !!! Second, I am the third winner !!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYY I have never been more honoured in my life , I almost started to cry when I got the call but tried to wait until I got off the phone lol. I am so very excited that something I have only been doing two years would be good enough for this contest. Two New Orleans themes !! how wonderful !!

I am not sure but I think I might frame the catalog I have never had anything I have done or made in a catalog or magazine or anything !! Actually, I am crying again...and smiling . Can't tell everyone how thrilled I am . Congratulations all the winners !

Brandaen

well you did a very nice job on it. :blink: Congrats!!

Congratulations, Brandaen!!!! When Sally called last night she couldn't tell me who else had won, but she let slip that both the 2nd & 3rd place winners were Creole cottages. She said she was sure they'd get letters :blink: I asked if the 3rd place winner was set in a swampy rural area, and she said yes. I knew it was yours!!!! She then asked me not to say anything because she hadn't called you yet.

I am so excited for you! And for the forum .... man, we rock!! :lol:

She also said they had a large number of finalists this year ... we may see more forum members receiving honorable mentions!

I'm interested to hear about their judging process. I think yours and Steve's entries are always fantastic, but some of the winners they pick I just can't see. To me they pass over some great entries, but I guess it's really hard to pick winners out of so many great entries. But it would be nice to find out about their judging criteria.

I've put what Sally Cook-Thomas told me in a new thread so it can be found more easily when next year's deadline looms. :blink:

I would be totally remiss as well as an ungrateful wretch if I didn't thank the wonderful forum members who contributed to Marie Laveau's cottage. Gayle's yoyos added so much to the bed, and I never would have had the patience to make them myself. Gina's dolls made it come alive! Thank you, thank you both!

And thanks, too, to the members who commented on my interim posts as the cottage evolved. Your ideas and suggestions all became part of the creative process. We are so lucky to have this forum to share our passion. <GROUP HUG, PLEASE!!>

I'm not one bit surprised to hear that Kathie's creation won a prize, nor Brandaen's, either! There is SO much talent on this forum that I'm never surprised when one of our members get well-earned recognitionfor their accomplishments. Here are {{{BIG HUGS}}} and :blink: to both of you!