Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! *monster truck voice*

heidiiiii

There are two major events that happen in our house. Fred`s birthday (Jan 28th) and Super bowl Sunday Sunday Sunday! (love doing that!)

He is going to his friend`s house, bless his heart, for the big game day. His friend lives with his two brothers and they are all full blooded Italian. Their dear mother passed away a few years ago and they are all divorced. The oven is never used. :)

So I will be making a big ole crockpot full of spaghetti sauce with meatballs and italian sausages swimming in it (hot and mild), 3 big loaves of Italian bread from the bakery, big salad, container of freshly grated pecorino, and I am thinking I am going to go to the donut bakery next Friday to pick up some tasty treat. Eclairs sound good. Fred will bring the pasta to cook there and they will have a football feast.

What about you? Do you have plans for the game? Go anywhere? Throw a party? Or just sit and read a book (like me.. :D )?

... not a big sports fan here. But I do love the Olympic Games. :D

Me, too. Love the human side of the Olympics, can't get too excited about large men running into one another for outrageously exhorbitant amounts of money. :)

This thread made me realize, I don't work Superbowl Sunday this year. Awesome. I'll put on something worth watching, not the game.

Why does every moron who gets ridiculously drunk think they're funny? And think you think it's great that they're choking up your ER because they're drunk?

Sorry, not a football fan here. Only got a bit excited when Wisconsin's team (Green Bay Packers) was in it, but didn't even watch it then. Just learned enough to be able to talk intelligently with the drunks at my local pub (so..yes, you can infer from this, I learned very little! :D )

Going off to Menards today to pick up a few supplies that I think I need (want) to finish up my Brookwood, and hope that when I get back Ernie will have sent my replacement shingles. But isn't this Super Bowl happening NEXT weekend?? :)

Stupid Bowl is the first Sunday in February this year, I think, and I'll probably sit in front of it and work on Baby Boy's sampler and Princess Grayson's jumper and cackle at the "clever" commercials.

Why does every moron who gets ridiculously drunk think they're funny? And think you think it's great that they're choking up your ER because they're drunk?
I used to wonder the same thing when the ones too broken to patch & send home from the ER got sent to our floor because we had an empty bed... At least it won't be a full moon, Andrew!

around here the boys(DH and sons) dint start hanging out to watch football until playoffs(TG)

but Super Bowl always sees them and friends gathered in front of the TV whooping it up and screaming like they were there and eating....I make a Huge pot of chili with brats and hotdogs on the side.pop and since they all turned 21 ...beer :D . chips,cheese ball and cheese dip

we girls like to hang out for the commercials but usually we go shopping! its a great day for the Mall or Toys r Us.

I like to hang out with the boys to yell as loudly as they do for the team they are NOT rooting for.

I always root for the underdog. This yr I will wear my red for AZ...coz the guys have already stated the Steelers were gonna win! :)

sidenote....during the AZ game last weekend I was teaching PixiePoo all that I know about football...I had the DH and son cracking up...because I know almost nothing about it!

but we had fun cheering and yelling at the TV.

nutti :(

My DH is a HUGE sports fan so I always cook up a storm for his Superbowl party. It's a no kids and no wimpy whiners kind of game - generally only guys - except me cooking !! It's a huge tradition here and I love doing that kind of thing for him. He is a super wonderful guy and does so much to make my life wonderful.

I put together prizes for all the guessing contests he runs throughout the event and type up score sheets for everyone.

We have a family room with a huge flat screen TV and adjacent is the men's room (pool table and another TV). The dining room is adjacent to that - it's all an L shape with french door openings -so from any room they can see a TV from anywhere - even the bathroom.

This has crept up on me this year! Hmmm, think I'll be cheering on the cardinals. Wish they'd play it earlier in the day though, then I could follow it live. But gotta sleep around that time in the UK :) As every other year I've got noone who is in the slightest bit interested here, so I'll be by myself :D Never mind! :(

All I know about football is that the referee flips a coin at the beginning of the game and then there's a lot of screaming about "Get the quarter back! Get the quarter back!!" Seems like an awful lot of fuss over 25 cents if you ask me.

Deb

If you ask your man how much longer the game is on and he says 15 minutes on the clock..he is lying! That 15 minutes could stretch to a half an hour or more.

And if you do not pay attention you may notice that the teams jerseys have changed color..that is cause he changed to channel to ANOTHER game.

Just because this is the end for this season means nothing..then there is college and pro basketball to look forward to. Yeah! *sarcastic*

All I know about football is that the referee flips a coin at the beginning of the game and then there's a lot of screaming about "Get the quarter back! Get the quarter back!!" Seems like an awful lot of fuss over 25 cents if you ask me.

Deb

Yeah, and do you know how the ball got shaped that way??? All those really big guys keep falling on it and squishing it!! :)

Before she died my DM became a huge football fan, as she was seeing a gentleman who always had season tickets to the Dolphins' games. Although I never because much of a fan of pro football, I have always been a 'Gator fan, and I love college football; and since so many of our alums have gone on to the pros, I'll watch an occasional game just to see how our guys are doing.

This has crept up on me this year! Hmmm, think I'll be cheering on the cardinals.

Stick a knife in my heart! :) *looks around for my fellow Pittsburghers* Hey guys, we must brainwash her...

*starts singing and polka dancing*

We're from the town with that great football team,

We cheer the Pittsburgh Steelers.

In Western PA, our people bleed black and gold. All of our teams colors are the same so that helps. But people from 8 year olds to 80 year olds know this game inside and out. Stop the little old lady in the Supermarket and she'll have an opinion on Big Ben holding that ball too long before he throws or if Hines Ward is going to be in good enough shape to play. Really, not joking.

As for the game, I'm worried. I don't know about topping the Cardinals. Coach Wizenhunt and Coach Grimm were with the Steelers until last year so they know our players inside and out. They even helped us win a few years ago. I'm afraid they have a definite inside advantage. Whatever Big Ben, Hines, or Palomalu pull out they've seen and planned before. We're picked to win, but that doesn't calm me in a bit. It seems we do better when we're the underdogs.

The best time to go shopping in the area is on "Stiller" Sunday. The stores are empty because everyone is at home watching the game. And if you do go expect the game to be broadcast on the sound system.

My biggest thought is what will the guys staying up all night in Punxatawney do about the game? The next morning is Groundhog Day and those guys are serious partiers who stay out all night in sub-freezing temperatures to watch a groundhog get pulled out of a hole. Will they stay home and watch the game, go later to to Gobbler's Knob? Kind of a tough call.

Jokelly is right. This town lives for our BLACK and GOLD. Football is a serious subject around here.The game is still 11 days away and the fans are already rev'ed up and ready to go. Tomorrow evening a STEELER pep rally is scheduled in Heinz Field and it will be standing room only. Tomorrow all you will see will be people dressed in their "Stiller" gear. Most employers know employees will wear black and gold on Fridays during football season. The mayor had them leave the city's christmas tree up and it is now decorated in Black and Gold.

We will be watching the game at home. Probably with a few friends.I don't know what we'll eat but it will be something fast and easy, so I don't miss any of the game. After the game we'll watch the fireworks and the crowds in the city on TV.

I know what you mean Jokelly, there is alot of history between the coaching staffs, but I think as long as Hines and Palumalo and Ben are healthy things should be fine. Tomlin seems to have everything under control and is keeping everyone focused. We're going to win.

As for the crowd going to see Phil, I bet there will be some killer parties up in Punxatauwney that week-end.The Hotels are already booked and bars are expecting huge crowds.

President Obama is a big Steelers fan.

HERE WE GO STEELERS- HERE WE GO- PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL

I don't watch sports, but on sunday my nephew is having his birth day, I gotta try to get that off. He is going to play x box 360 at the movie theater, Saturday his friends are coming over. :)