I have an addiction problem

Wolfie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Wolfie needs purple, green, yellow, red and blue willow china! As for opening a shop? Nah....the really pretty blue rose china is the formal ware for the Pierce dining room, and I have some chrysnbon that I painted blue flowers on myself including cups/saucers, plates, etc., for every day.

The rose patterned dishes that Margaret made for me will go into my McKinley that is in the basement. It will look very pretty in there as Chrysnbon items fit perfectly in that house.

All of the clear candleholders are made by my friend Carolyn David. She made all of the pretty orange, pink and yellow flowers on them. She and I love dishes and ways to display them. Now that woman is a real addict! To kitchens....to date she has 22 roomboxes but is selling some of them on ebay as she is downsizing! She sends me all of her downsizing items.....LOL I love them. That pink/green set is huge as is the blue floral china. The pink/green set is slated for a Beacon Hill.....I think.....

Is it time for Greenleaf to set up a new thread -- a Twelve Step program for mini addictions of all sorts? I have all different kinds of minis, furniture, dolls, china, etc. and have not completed one house.

I am sooooo there with you. I haven't completed one house either and my RL bed has so much mini stuff on it I have to sleep in my recliner!!!! (If things are on the floor the dogs think it is fair game but up on my bed they leave it alone.) I'm hoping to rectify this soon though. I do have my second bedroom where I do my mini work in I just need to organize it so the treasures on my bed have a place to live. :cheer:

My heart is just crying out to find a red rose pattern! That's the only set of china my daughter has ever wanted! I found a tea set, but dish sets are always pink, and never red roses! Couldn't even find one in Reuter the right color! That is how I got hooked on china. I have every color, except red! You have an awesome collection Wolfie! You will be getting more, that's just how it is!

Red roses in mini dishes are very hard to find. Yes, you can find almost every other color......but Red is hard! Perhaps Margaret can help us out with this!

Dishes in a dollhouse really make the scene I think. Both on display in a cabinet andon the table. When the Pierce is finished, there will be a dinner in progress in the dining room, and the cooking scene in the kitchen where the lady of the house is putting the finishing touches on her dessert......

Doug told me last night that we are going to electrify the Pierce THIS year......I am not holding my breath! This is his baby - electrying........and if he wants to do it fine, but I'm gonna be in a nursing home before he does this! Sigh.......

Heeheeheeeeeee...sign me up too......let's see...I need help with.....

.....china.....dogs.......cats........pots.....urns.......foood.....nope, that food is RL (sorry).....oh well, you get the picture.....I need to join too.....but maybe since it's just mini addictions, we only need.... let's see 1:12 steps....

Elicia

busy hiding everything so it won't be obvious.....

I love dishes as well. I have enough real life sets to eat off a plate every night for the next year and not wash any. I have 4 teapots on my stove (one functional, 3 copper) plus 3 more copper teapots on the counter.

I love all your mini china. You DO need a few more sets though....

Never thought of collecting RL china. 1 plate everyday for however many days before you need to wash dishes? No will stick with minis, would end up with 365 plates and boxes of dirty ones stashed LOL ! I totally detest doing RL dishes, so must stick to small set always in the sink! LOL

I don't know where they all came from. They just appeared. First marriage, second marriage, inheirited a few sets of antique ones, holiday dishes...I really don't have 365 plates (I don't think). I do have a lot of copper tea pots.

For my big houses, I like to have 2 sets of dishes - one for everyday and a fancy set in the dining room.

Gina, do your dishes all have homes to live in?

I don't collect dinnerware, but I have my Grandma's good dishes for family feasts and three sets for smaller groups (one or more kids visiting) and the ones we eat off of every day. I actually have enough coffee mugs to go for a week between washing up, but nowhere to keep the soiled ones... Oh, and of course the dishes that live out in the camper...

Come to think of it, I do have a lot of dishes in RL too. Mugs and cups seem to find their way. When we do go to yard sales, I always find at least one item to bring home. And lovely baskets seem to follow me home too. I use them on the table, and some are for plants, and some are just "there."

Sigh.......and mini food? Yep that too!

My name is Heidi.

(Hi Heidi)

I am a compulsive dh and miniature collector.

(Welcome Heidi)

I have a question. Which item do you own, dhs not included, that is the MOST you paid for? You do not need to divulge how much you broke the bank for it.

Did you feel guilty for spending the money afterward?

Did you lie about it`s true cost?

Did you just say SO WHAT I WANT IT? hehehe

To date, My Wolfie Doll is the single most expensive item I have bought. No guilt but no divulging how much it cost either..LOL That was my pressie to ME and it is none of their business.

I am glad I have her and now I want more.

I am Heidi.

(Hi Heidi)

I am addicted to Lone Wolf Miniatures.

(Welcome Heidi).

LOL Heidi! I too am addicted - to everything mini! In fact I am so addicted that I must find a source for gaining more minis! Dishes included!

I will be so glad when this winter weather is over and the clouds go away, the ice and snow go away, so I can get outside to get more landscape material! LOL

Did you ever have days when you got up and didn't want to do anything? That was me yesterday! But I forced myself to make three tableclothes and covered some Chrysnbon tables for kitchens! Along with matching napkins for four. No china for them yet though! LOL Pictures later....... One is yellow/white check, one is blue and white check, one is green with pink rosebuds all over it, and oh yes, there is a 4th! All lace! But that is a RealLife Queen Anne Table that's been hanging around nekkid for a long time now! Pictures later! I promise! I'll put them in my special album.

My mother loved dishes and furniture and oriental rugs. When I was a kid, we would go "junking" together (second hand stores) and to Altmans (no longer in business but once a big department store) to look at dishes. I have two sets of Wedgewood and since I traveled in England a lot I would pick up accessory pieces. By the way, I have hardly used either set in 30 years. I also have several sets of vintage dishes including some beautiful prewar Japanese from a thrift store for $25. Never used, of course.

Now I collect mini rugs, furniture and dishes. Still broke but at least I use them!

did you see that the stokesayware website has a freebie printable blue willow tile set in the projects area? I just printed it on transparency film.

most expensive treats? Probably the colonial/Shaker furniture pieces I got in TN last November. All are going into the two room boxes I've been working on (in my gallery). I try to keep thinking they needed a good home, no matter the cost