I have an addiction problem

Wolfie

Yes, Wolfie is addicted to china! Tiny sets of dishes! Lovely very detailed dishes! I now have 5 sets of dishes! And want more! I need Purple, more pink, yellow and green dishes! This is getting insane! HELP!!!!!!! And table linens to go with such! I love elegant dishes! But it's getting out of control! I don't even have as nice sets in RL as I do in mini! You know it's bad when you can't take your hands or eyes off the china! In the dollhouse size! HELP!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting a set of Margaret's china: a substitute for the Royal Albert Old Roses design I have wanted as wedding china (if that ever happened) since 1983! In real life, however, if I did get married now I probably wouldn't bother with Old Roses. After Mom died 12 years ago I inherited Grandma's last anniversary china, given to my grandmother by my grandfather on the last anniversery before he died at the young age of 46. It is a silver and white set, but wasn't for a silver anniversery, since they didn't have that long together.

I've never had the chance to use the china, because my dining table is covered with minis and other crafts, but I'm going to change that and have a tea party! Yes, I still haven't grown up, and we'll play dress up to when having it.

At least mini china doesn't take up much space. I had to get a cabinet to house my Grandma's 12 place set!

I feel for you, but I also have a glass set of dishes for each one of my houses, (each house has the everyday set, and the real china set for company, LOL) Oh and there's 2 sets in the drawer, waiting for a house to come along! Oh, and a Reuter set on my top cupboard that's adorable but too big for 1:12...( My RL house has a $10 set of dishes that does the job, and are always in the sink) No we don't have problems! You are just fine too, Wolfie! LOL

I know what you mean, I love china too! I just won a pair of reutter decorative plates on Ebay last night. My kids thought I was crazy because I was jumping up and down. I paid 15.00 for them and my son said "But they are so tiny", I said "Yeah , perfect size for my Beacon Hill. Which of course my daughter had to remind me isn't even close to finished. Gosh! I'd hate for them to find out how much I paid for my Reutter sink. I also love to catch the porcelain on sale at manor house. It's not the same as Reutter, but lovely none the less. Oh! The excitement of it all! Please do build a cute little china shop, the buttercup would be great! Hey! I have a Buttercup, hmmm! :please:

ooooh I love china too! Tiny stuff and people sized stuff! Limoge makes me very happy! Blue and white transferware makes me VERY happy!

I'd love some of Margaret's pieces some day!

Gina, please share pictures when you can!

Um, Gina...you've come to a place of enablers. And we want you to share with us. Besides, there are plenty of worse things to be addicted to.

Make a nice china shop, a Vineyard Cottage bash would be nice! And we need the eye candy!

Terri

ps I like the china too. I have 2 six person tea/coffee services that I got at Hobby Lobby for only $6 each!

I know how you feel. I have one of Margarets sets of dishes right now waiting for the BH to be finished. And I have another set coming that will be for my farmhouse. I have another set of white plastic that I have aged for the haunted Arthur that I am doing. And I am trying to find a nice set for my LaFayette. I think I need more houses because I have seen so many nice dishes that I can't make up my mind, and I will need houses for them all.

Enable enable enable!! Just throwing in my two cents!

I personally adore mini pitchers and teakettles of all kinds. Unfortunately, while it might be fairly realistic to have several sets of dishes in a mini house, one can only have so many pitchers without it starting to look a bit strange! :cheer:

Enable enable enable!! Just throwing in my two cents!

I personally adore mini pitchers and teakettles of all kinds. Unfortunately, while it might be fairly realistic to have several sets of dishes in a mini house, one can only have so many pitchers without it starting to look a bit strange! :cheer:

Oh no not strange at all, think "shop" instead of a home.... :music_band:

Hugs

Is it time for Greenleaf to set up a new thread -- a Twelve Step program for mini addictions of all sorts? I have all different kinds of minis, furniture, dolls, china, etc. and have not completed one house.
Uh, Linda, I think it's been done. Check the BADS thread.

I just made a new album called Wolfie's China displaying some of my favorite china. I have not included various and sundry mixing bowls, serving dishes, etc......I guess I just love dishes of all kinds from pots and pans to fine glassware, etc.

Wow Wolfie you do have a problem ! Aint it great? :cheer: You need to buy more!!! Now if only I could find a full blue willow set, I have bit and piece of it but not a full set. I also have a semi complete set of royal alber val d'or, both in mini.