Inauguration Today

heidiiiii

I will have my tv set on for it. The coverage is from 10am (some stations 10:30 or 11am) all the way till 4pm. The Swearing In will be at noon EST and then he will give his Inaugural Address right after that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Sherry, I am not one for watching the whole thing either. I will tune in around 11:30-45am and watch the swearing in and speech. That is all I want to see.

We'll be watching on and off here, too. The swearing in will take place while Lloyd's having his treatment, so I'll be watching on the TV in the cancer center waiting room. I may try recording parts of it. I love a parade! :please:

It's unreal - even the hotels up by me in Gettysburg are completely filled from people coming in for this thing. You couldn't pay me enough to be on the Mall to watch outside on some Jumbotron. Seeing the parade might have been cool, but between the crowds, security and cold I think I would have crawled into some box in an alley to escape it! Funny, traffic in the area is better than normal because so many people took off to avoid it altogether!

Coverage on satellite and cable started here at 5 a.m. We were awake at 6, with the television on. I am so excited...and I know tears are going to start to flow when the actual inaugeration ceremony starts. If I weren't in a wheelchair and transportation and travel a real hassle, I'd be there, cold or not. This (sitting in front of the TV) is a poor substitute...

I'm sooo excited. Ended up I am babysitting the littlest gk today so I will be glued in all day. Then tonight, a ton of us are meeting to lift a glass and toast this historical moment! I got an email this morning from the campaign and they want pictures of what you are doing at the exact moment of the swearing in. My granddaughter loves Barrack, so I'm hoping she too will be glued to the tv, so I can snap her excitement........well see! So you too take pics and I'll put the link up later this afternoon! Enjoy the history!

Oh what an historic day for the United States. I have had the tv on since 6 am. I will watch most of the events( altho I do get tired of the replays to fill time until the next event comes on.) If I were 40 years younger I might have gone to DC, just to soak up all the excitement and atmosphere. I think we should all ll stand up and sing "America the Beautiful." What a great country we live in. Rita

Incidentally, the grounds next to the capitol was once a slave trading business. How far we have come! I am so excited I get tears in my eyes whenever I think of the historic events taking place. OK now lets all sing.

O beautiful for spacious skies,

For amber waves of grain,

For purple mountain majesties

Above the fruited plain!

America! America!

God shed his grace on thee

And crown thy good with brotherhood

From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet

Whose stern impassioned stress

A thoroughfare of freedom beat

Across the wilderness!

America! America!

God mend thine every flaw,

Confirm thy soul in self-control,

Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved

In liberating strife.

Who more than self their country loved

And mercy more than life!

America! America!

May God thy gold refine

Till all success be nobleness

And every gain divine!

O beautiful for patriot dream

That sees beyond the years

Thine alabaster cities gleam

Undimmed by human tears!

America! America!

And crown thy good with brotherhood

From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for halcyon skies,

For amber waves of grain,

For purple mountain majesties

Above the enameled plain!

America! America!

Till souls wax fair as earth and air

And music-hearted sea!

O beautiful for pilgrims feet,

Whose stem impassioned stress

A thoroughfare for freedom beat

Across the wilderness!

America! America!

Till paths be wrought through

wilds of thought

By pilgrim foot and knee!

O beautiful for glory-tale

Of liberating strife

When once and twice,

for man's avail

Men lavished precious life!

America! America!

Till selfish gain no longer stain

The banner of the free!

O beautiful for patriot dream

That sees beyond the years

Thine alabaster cities gleam

Undimmed by human tears!

America! America!

Till nobler men keep once again

Thy whiter jubilee!

I had to work and was busy (staff meeting) thru part of it and the rest of the time I was busy with my patients. only got to catch clips here and there....well visual anyway, no sound. i would have loved to watch this. What a historic day :cheer:

We picked a point when the reporters were interviewing one another to go to the store and we got home as they were reporting on Senators Kennedy & Byrd. I started with GMA at 0700 and. excdept for the store trip, we're still at it. I went thorugh a stack of tissues during the oath-taking. I am SO glad I lived long enough to see this day! I thought "Magic" Johnson put it perfectly when he said our country is finally growing up. Dr ML King's dream was only 45 years coming!

I started with GMA at 0700 and stopped when everyone went to lunch so we could go to the store. The parade got such a late start that our FAMU Rattlers Marching 100 didn't get to do their concert, but they surely did look fine!

What a fantastic historical day and how well Obama and all the other players did their parts! I am so very proud of the USA on this day of days! And I'm grateful that I lived long enough to see it!