I am a Senior Now! I new this day was coming!

butlerestates

Yep it's official I am a senior now! As this is my 1,000 th post! This did not take me no time at all to get here. I think the word games helped but this has been so much fun on here that I leave my laptop open and every time I walk by the computer I have to check out the newest posts.

Everytime I take photos of something I've done to my DH to school, my dept head tells me I must have no life. Obviously, our idea of having a life is not the same. Why do some people have to put down others constantly? She is the worst about this. I am working hard on my senior status!

And couldn't put together a gift box by herself, much less a dollhouse. :D

Congratulations! :D

No life, please...*rolls eyes* We have several to live, that's why we have to build so many houses!!! :lol: I think a lot of dh enthusiasts/miniaturists/artisans love to create what they don't have a budget for in real life...imagine trying to decorate these huge houses with thousands of things! Yikes! Dh building/decorating/etc. is much less expensive. Enjoy all your miniature lives, I say.

I am addicted to this forum as well...

This gal's just not interested in anything that doesn't center around her. And she is obsessed with proving how much better a teacher than anyone else, she is. Her current putdown target is a geometry teacher, who I really feel sorry for!

Everytime I take photos of something I've done to my DH to school, my dept head tells me I must have no life. Obviously, our idea of having a life is not the same. Why do some people have to put down others constantly? She is the worst about this. I am working hard on my senior status!

And couldn't put together a gift box by herself, much less a dollhouse. :D

I think people who are jealous of others use the put down remarks to make themselves look better. It only shows their true colors. I'm sure that others you work with enjoy hearing about your work. Keep on bringing pictures.

I am wondering how long it will take me to be a senior. I'm that way in real life already. But I was borna "senior". I always enjoyed doing things that only older folks did. No wild life for me. So I am happy being a senior. Rita

I figured that out about her long ago. I just hate to see her talk bad about another teacher to our principal. That's just not right, and not her place to 'tattle' on a lady who's really doing a pretty good job. You're right, she's just insecure.

Wow I need to talk more lol, I've been here for years and still have about 300 to go. ..........................let me see where can I go to now lol.

Cheers Debra.

Congrats to you.

I will not even go there about what I am. My post count keeps growing and growing and growing.. :please:

When I met my therapist for the first time she was a little taken aback when I told her I built dhs. Then she asked what I did with them when I was done. I said you are really never done but basically I play with them. You could hear crickets in the room. I watched her closely when she started filling out the prescriptions...ROFL

My friends know that it is my hobby (one even tells me when free ones come up on freecycle) but we do not really talk about it. Kinda like they go bowling and that does not interest me so I do not ask. (plus with my equilibrium issues, I wouldnt join their league).

The girls used to make fun in the beginning because they thought I was wasting my time on here. Over 10k posts later, many packages sent and delivered from my mini friends, they see how much joy it brings and they say nothing like that anymore.

I am working hard on my senior status! It's so much fun talking to everyone, especially when we have such a fascinating interest in common. My son is fascinated with the minis, and hopefully I can get him interested in making some furniture and turned vases, bowls, etc. he does such beautiful work, as he is such a perfectionist about his work.

Wow! congrats. I've been here for just over a year and I'm almost halfway there. Don't know how you've done it! I stay at home with kids and I've still not got it. Well, that's what happens when you've got 4, 2 with mental health issues and the youngest is 3. I still wouldn't trade it for the world. Well, most of the time. :please:

Terri