Snow Storm

Hallowell

Heidi.I just checked the forcast for us up here and we're gonna get lucky, it looks like it's gonna miss my area. We may get a dusting to 1 inch, but down east near eastport will get 3 to 6 inches. Hopefully your snowfall will be on the low end down your way.

Nope, not so lucky. It has been snowing since 9:30am. It started sticking about an hour ago and it is going to snow all day and all night. But not a collossal amount like they predicted. Probably 4-5 inches for us. There will either be no school tomorrow or delays.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just very cloudy here. The extreme cold took ia affecting my house again, two weeks ago one of our dining room windows broke because of the extremes in temperature from outside to inside, now this morning I went into our upstairs bathroom and the entire ceiling over the toilet and a little of the wall was wet and discolored. We had one day of warm weather this week so melting snow got jammed up behind and ce dam on our roof forcing the water up and under the shingles. Make this winter end. :p

Started snowing at my house last night about 10p. Looked so pretty. Stopped about 20 minutes later. I went to bed. Woke up to 8 degrees on my front porch, and the wind chill is SCAREY. I don't think I can take much more of this. I'm a SOUTHERNER. It's not supposed to be this cold. I don't know if I'm ever gonna be warm again....

Started snowing at my house last night about 10p. Looked so pretty. Stopped about 20 minutes later. I went to bed. Woke up to 8 degrees on my front porch, and the wind chill is SCAREY. I don't think I can take much more of this. I'm a SOUTHERNER. It's not supposed to be this cold. I don't know if I'm ever gonna be warm again....

You are singing Lloyd's song. Temp here is rising ... at 8 am it's up to +10. High today of 28. Tomorrow 62. Friday 68. Go figure.

There has been a large "line" of lake effect snow coming down from Michigan--we had white out conditions last nite and were "frozen over " at work until our reliefs arrived last nite! My brother from Tennessee called to say that NW Indiana had made the news...Currently I am stuck in my driveway because my husband didn't realize I had to go anywhere today, so he decided to wait til tonite to snowblow the driveway...and the snow shovel is "missing"...I believe it fell over and is covered in 14 inches of snow,lol---if I knew exactly where they left it last, I guess I could have tried to dig for it....but I decided to just go back in the house and crawl under a comforter;)

Yeah, it is going to be in the lower 50s this weekend. Beach Weather!!! Lets have a clam bake. Greg will provide the lobsta, I will morph ahead in time to summer and get the butter and sugar corn.

Who wants to join us?

You think we will get a tan? LOL

I was thinking the same thing Greg. Okay...you see tons of cars lined up and crashed on a street during a snowstorm. Your first thought is to continue on your journey??

They must have had a freezing rain/sleet situation that froze the streets solid and then a nice fluffy dusting of snow on top. Plus there was not a smidge of sand/salt on the road. Recipe for disaster, driving or walking.

It is 15 deg F outside right now (not counting wind chill). You would never know it but it is going to be in the upper 40s to near 50 tomorrow and Sunday! A reprieve from the cold. Thank you!

. We shall see if it makes it...

A flooded basement! I am so not looking forward to spring in that sense. I just KNOW that there is going to be more water then usual down there.

It is going to be in the mid-40s this weekend here.

As long as there is no more snow for the rest of the season, I will be extremely happy.