Snow Storm

Hallowell

waaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! We have "snow" in South Carolina this am.....actually I've seen more snow on some people's shoulders......

Elicia

snowing in South Carolina

okay, okay so it's a "dusting"........

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could say the same, Steve - I work in Frederick, where the 40 car pile-up happened yesterday. No one expected the snow to accumulate at all let alone an inch and a half in an hour. 5 tractor trailers and 35 vehicles, two dead (which really is incredible if you see some of the photos). People were getting out of their cars and running into the woods to avoid getting hit. Sometimes it stinks being in an area where the amount of snow and ice we get annually isn't enough to give people the experience to handle it on the road... My brother trained me in an empty icy parking lot once - an experience that has saved my life a couple times.

I agree with Greg. Of course I do not get nearly as much snow as Greg does but once you have driven in the snow a couple times you get the hang of it.

Even us seasoned drivers *forget* when the first snow fall arrives. Drive like a Granny (as Fred says) and she will be fine.

On icy snowy roads I become that person that everyone hates to be behind. I just want to get where I'm going in one piece. :photo:

Good for you! Wouldn't want it any other way!!!

Hugs

I'm that way, too, when driving on snowy roads. I know I'm getting cussed up one side and down the other, but I don't care because Southwestern PA is very hilly an combining hills and snow or ice is not a good idea.

One of my favorite poems is Robert Frost's "Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening." Every night when I take the dog out and it's snowy I think of this poem. I live in a rural area and have no close neighbors so I'm surrounded by woods. The last few lines are those that I always remember:

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

I was shocked Sunday night because I was thinking of that poem when I had the dog out (yes, that really does sound nerdy) and then I came in and the press conference for the AFC Championship football game was on. The Steelers Coach Tomlin was talking and quoted the last line of the poem and mentioned Frost. I had just finished saying these exact lines. Isn't that weird? How many times do you hear references to Robert Frost? I was kind of freaked the rest of the night.

Beautiful Sunny day here!

I dont envy you your snow ...I do like snow but these days I like to put in an appearance and MELT!

Greg your home looks so beautiful and peaceful in the glow of the lamp and snow! kind of like a postcard!

Drive safely folks...it doesnt take much to end up in an accident

nutti :)

Snow Flurries all day tomorrow but nothing to worry about but I am wondering about Wed. It says SNOW. Ugh! I have to go get some more sand for the bucket. I guess I can do it today. Sucks to be Mom.

Greg,

Weather.com is saying SIGNIFICANT snow fall for New England on Wednesday. The stuff from the last time just started to melt a bit and now we are gonna get more.

I better get a bumper crop of tomatoes out of this. :blink:

Our weather is wierd. It's icy and 8 below 0 today. Yesterday it got down to 6 below and at night it went down to 12 below. It's very chilly here. Our basement is so cold we left the door open to try and get some heat from the house down there. The windows are all frosted over.

Doug is sick again, and in bed. I sometimes wonder if he is going to live long enough to see spring.

grazhina, too funny. Like the song said 40 below and the car won't start, well it wasn't quite 40 below down here this morning but it was up in the county and Russ' car would not start. :p

Heidi, I think that storm will hit New England but slip just south of maine so we should not get much out of it. Fingers crossed hear that it blows south of you too. :)

They are not talking numbers of accumulation but it is going to be significant and it is gonna hit us late late Tuesday and all day Wednesday. I guess no school for Wednesday.

Another storm MAY hit on Friday too.

Tulips..lovely colorful Tulips.