Soooooooo Cooooold

Hallowell

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can handle the cold just fine because I don't like to be hot and sweaty. But I am tired of all the shoveling. <_<

I think the worst thing about shoveling is that you GET hot and sweaty, and then all that sweat freezes to you. Blech!

There is nothing yuckier then shoveling snow, and you face, head and neck start to sweat from your scarf and hat. It starts to run down. Or when you hand start to sweat inside your mittens...yes I said mittens..I wear mittens..LOL

I wear mittens, too, Heidi. Nice thick, padded mittens. And sometimes I pull my thumb inside with my fingers to keep it warm.

Me too! All this time I've had people tease me for doing that, now finally someone who understands! LOL

nothing wrong at all about mittens. I wear them for two reasons, the first being IT SO MUCH WARMER! The other being my fingers are so unbelievably long that I always, and I mean always wear the middle and index finger out! Doesn't even matter if I find them in XL. If I wear men's they are too fat and lets all the cold air seep in, not to mention harder than all get out to grasp anything with the extra leather/cloth, and makes my hands look like feet....SO Mittens it is!

Boy I need to learn how to knit....!

HOORAY for Mittens!

Okay, I am a chicken.

There is a 90 minute delay for school today because all the rain last night turned to ice. I do not care if they think 90 minutes is long enough..I just looked outside and the street is an ice skating rink.

Too dangerous to walk and I do not want to skate in my car.

The stairs outside are covered in ice also. I do not want to go out there! I do not want to drive her to school. Waahhh!

Heidi, time to exercise a mother's prerogative. Don't go out ... and let the school know why. Their 90-minute delay is based on bus driver safety. They don't consider the situation for individual students.

Kathie, I did that. But they will consider it an unexcused absence. There is no excuse unless there is a doctors note. Ppfffffft!

Today is Fred`s b-day so she is going to help me cook his birthday dinner.

That's rather anal on the part of the school district, but then I never heard of an unexcused absence ruining anyone's life, so I'll join you in Ppfffttt'g the whole idea! Life is way too short to risk jeopardizing life and limb for somebody's silly rule. I'm glad she's home to help with Fred's celebration. :D