Just a Down Dog Day

PATBIDLACK

So usually I am a pretty up person, kind of like Pollyanna, I always find the good side of the situation. If I can't find one then I will attack the problem, do what I can and then forget it.

Today though I can't see any problem. I am relatively well, the weather is beautiful and life is sweet. Then why do I feel like the power has gone out and I used my last candle yesterday?

Bummer I think I will crawl back into bed and read a good book.

Any one else have a day like this.

I know exactly how you feel. I have had this horrible virus for weeks and all I want to do is sleep. So then this is making me feel like a waste of time. Since you are normally positive it could just be a case of the winter blues. Are you having really cold weather? Sorry that you are having a bad day. Well I hope that you feel better soon so you can help cheer us all up :)

I am usually an upbeat person. Things are good. I am active. But once in a blue moon, for no apparent reason I will get the "I want to stay in bed and read a book. Not get out of my jammies all day" thought. I think it is just a natural thing for our mind to do now and then so it can get rejuvenated. With all the thoughts, ideas and plans I have rattling around in my head, no wonder my mind needs some down time once a year or so. Enjoy your day of rest. Rita

It's OK not to be perky & upbeat every single minute of every single day (truth be told, people like that get on my last nerve...). By all means stay in your jammies, read a good, trashy book, pop a video in the player, make yourself some hot chocolate and wrap up in a blankie and veg out.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a down dog day. Just make sure it does not become a dog down week or month. Get a good book, a cup of tea, a warm cat or dog, and relax.

I agree with all of the above. Today's down day could turn into tomorrow's really up and positive day. Life is like a ripple on the waves, some up and some down.....you wouldn't be normal if yu had "up" days all the time! And you would be annoying to most people who are perhaps having that down day when you come bouncing up in your up day! LOL

Oh, I'm the same. Find positives in nearly everything, but every now and then I have a down day or two. If it is particularly bad I just have a good sleep in bed. When i wake up, be it later in the day or the next morning, I usually feel a bit better already. Hope you're feeling more upbeat now! :)

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. The sleep and lazy day seemed to do the trick. I feel much better. I am even contemplating cooking a roast tomorrow with veggies.

I love to cook.

Right now I am sewing straw together for a straw hat. Not the traditional shape but a shape I say in a drawing of an 1800 hat.

What I wouldn't give for a 'stay in bed and veg out' day! I think they do rejuvenate you.

Could be you northerners need some sunlight! I really believe there is truth to the idea that lack of sunlight makes people listless and out of sorts. Fortunately, even if it is freezing, the sun is usually shining down here-it's just that sometimes you can't see it for the dust in the air.

Yesterday I had a real downer of a day. I was so down all day I could hardly function last night. It started out at 5AM when the dog wanted out.....I had gotten up at 4:30 and was busy watering the plants, and she jumped on me and I spilt water on the carpeting.....put her coat on her and let her out. She has to wear her coat when it's below 10 degrees....... Let her back in, and the cats then wanted to be fed as well as the dog.....then started a pot of rice for the day. Grabbed some coffee and sat in front of the computer. Doug wanted up then, and his breakfast. So went down to stirfry and heard him from the loft "you better make some biscuits for the dog, she is all out." So made up a double batch of doggie biscuits, and heard him say "hey Gina, how about some potstickers!" So made up a batch of potstickers....and mind you I'm not even dressed - still in nightie robe and slippers - and another request - "Hey Gina, how about some shrimp chowmein?!" OK made that, and the straw that broke the camels back was "Hey Gina, let's (where does he get this let's?) make some of that fabulous Thai rice pudding! The receipe is on the back of the rice bag" Well that was it.......I freaked out. I had been in the kitchen pretty much on my feet all day! ENOUGH!!!!!! At this point I was barely speaking so came up stairs, knocked him off line, proceeded to do my email and then played a LOTR movie with my big earphones on so I could hear him. Watched all 4 hours of Return of the King.......then cast him a killing look and went to bed.

I feel good this morning! And no requests from the peanut gallery...................